Pair a rod with a metanium

Won a metanium MGL 7.1. Need some Rod suggestions. Would like a really good versatile rod. $250-350 budget. Just a really good do it all rod. This will be my “best” setup.

2. Member
    I think in that price range you can’t go wrong with either the Shimano Expride or Megabass Orochi XX. It’s hard to get anything decent right now due to Covid so it may depend on how much of a rush you are in to get it. Both have versatility in the lineup. The Expride 7’2”MH would be my pick right now

ALX Zolo series. Which one depends on what you like to do. With a 7.1:1, I'd consider the Jerkbait, Deputy or Dragger (for Jerkbaits, Spinnerbaits/Bladed Jigs and C'rig/Football jigs, respectively). I might consider a Dream for Shakyheads, but maybe I'm weird in preferring a baitcaster for them.

A poll on BBC was about 50/50 for the Deputy vs. "Toadface", for bladed jigs. I bought the "Deputy", after emailing Alex and asking which he'd suggest, direct from ALX, because TW was OOS. Quick reply! Before I got the rod (FedEx), I got an email from ALX asking how I liked the rod. It hadn't arrived yet, with FedUp tracking saying that it was in Troutdale, OR for 3 days. I emailed that info to ALX in my reply, and they jumped on FedUp and they got it going again, somehow. It's a nice rod, with plenty of umph to snap the bait loose from our abundant milfoil. Their jumping on FedEx made me
    Don't bother me, I'm screwing for virginity.

I killed a 12-pack just to watch it die.

4. Member
    Both great suggestions. I have both the expride 7’2 MH and the deputy and those are on the short list.

5. Member
    Keep your eyes open for a used 893 or 894 NRX and never look back.

6. Member
    I have both alx deputy and expride mh. Both awesome rods and very versatile. I feel the expride has a slightly softer tip and just the slightest bit more sensitivity. Can't go wrong with either, first 2 rods out of the box and on the deck at all times
    Skip Bogert-- Kempton, Pa
    2019 Ranger Rt 188 ( fusion )-115 Pro XS- MK ultrex

7. Member
    In that price range I'd get an Orochi XX. Probably a Diablo Spec R or Perfect Pitch. Both are very versatile. I've had Metaniums on mine in the past and they pair well. The next step up for me would be a St. Croix Legend Elite. They're over $350 but the BBC discount on Tackle Trap would get you close. It's not BBC without me suggesting something over your set price range

8. Member
    The loomis nrx 893 for that reel. Many things you can do with set up. Texas rigs, senko s, open water chatterbait, and my fzboetfir that set up is heavy shakey head up to 3/8oz

9. Member
    Ark Reinforcer!