Thread: Impulse lithium

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Impulse lithium

Anyone use these ? They have a $699 deal for 100ah 12v , 3 elite guys run em. Anyone ?

2. Member
    What caught your eye. Spec's seem normal. Not familiar with the brand but the price sounds like many others. The Elite guy's are not big names, at least at this stage of their careers. Have you looked at the Ionics? Drew is a well respected dealer here on the forum. I know nothing about Impulse one way or another, but if you can get similar prices why not go with a known commodity. JMO Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

3. Member
    its $300 per battery cheaper so $900 and 10 year warranty vs 5. Lee livesay , frank tally and bill weidler who I believe owns the company. They all won an elite series this year, clearly they can compete. Either way if a pro runs em , they need reliability. I just think the price is fair and I’m not paying someone $300 more for the same thing just because they are a sponsor or whatever on here , that doesn’t make sense to me. Just wondering if anyone is running em. They are $100 off and free shipping. Looked at all of em seems Dakota and impulse have best warranty

Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    What caught your eye. Spec's seem normal. Not familiar with the brand but the price sounds like many others. The Elite guy's are not big names, at least at this stage of their careers. Have you looked at the Ionics? Drew is a well respected dealer here on the forum. I know nothing about Impulse one way or another, but if you can get similar prices why not go with a known commodity. JMO Bob

4. Member
    I am not a super fan but pro's sign contracts with companies to make money. I am sure the batteries work. The issue with batteries in longevity and replacement. $300 cheaper than the big reliable, established companies with a history of good service. Buy what you want. You asked for opinions. Bob

The 10 year warranty on the ai pulse is pretty straightforward s far as total coverage. No the specs are qual to other top tier lithium batteries.
    I wouldn’t be afraid to buy them. I’ll need new TM batteries before long. These are definitely a contender. Yeah, it’s a newer name on the scene, but that doesn’t mean they won’t be around. Ionic isn’t that old. They’ve build a good reputation in a short time. Hopefully, a impulse does too.
    The others need more competition from companies that will drive the prices lower for comparable Lithium marine batteries. Heyerdahl still too high.
    Hope someone can give a firsthand account of what they think.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bradknight83 View Post
    Looked at all of em seems Dakota and impulse have best warranty
    I haven't heard of Impulse, but I have heard enough about Dakota to not want to deal with them. I have heard better things about Amped for a more modestly priced battery. Drewcraft has better battery pricing if you send him a PM.

7. Member
    Just ordered them, Weidler gave me a code for an additional $50 off each battery. He is also running a skeeter this year with power pole charge and said it’s good to go.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorCat View Post
    The 10 year warranty on the ai pulse is pretty straightforward s far as total coverage. No the specs are qual to other top tier lithium batteries.
    I wouldn’t be afraid to buy them. I’ll need new TM batteries before long. These are definitely a contender. Yeah, it’s a newer name on the scene, but that doesn’t mean they won’t be around. Ionic isn’t that old. They’ve build a good reputation in a short time. Hopefully, a impulse does too.
    The others need more competition from companies that will drive the prices lower for comparable Lithium marine batteries. Heyerdahl still too high.
    Ionic has a track record. Companies like Relion and Battleborn are around the $1000 mark for 100 Ah and they have a longer track record.(and sales) More than 7 years. What counts is if these companies honor their commitments and also stay in business. It is all a judgment call and a gamble with new tech let alone new companies these days. JMO Bob

9. Member
    Ionic has a track record. Bob
    Yes, they used to be Stark Power and filed for bankruptcy, leaving customers with zero warranty

10. Member
    Impulse is owned by an elite series angler. Works for me...

11. Member
    Not the same company anymore. I have seen no complaints. A few problems that were handled quickly and the customers were pleased. I have heard zero about Impulse as the many others popping up lately. I hope every one has good luck with whatever they buy. I paid the premium price so I would not have to wonder. If the money is paramount do research and pick one. Bob

12. Member
    I researched buying my own LiFePo4 cells from China. Building my own battery and the cost for small quanities was about $250.00 per 100 AH battery with a quality BMS. There is a lot of room for lower prices from these companies and the prices keep coming down from China.

Rajun Cajun
    Johnson 1995 #J130TLEOP
    S# GO3872031

13. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorCat View Post
    ready when you are we are now a impulse dealer

14. Member
    Read the fine print on all the warranties. Pretty much they have a clause to cover themselves every which way.

We all have to start somewhere..
    I'm glad to see the competition. I took a gamble on Ionics when they first started based solely on lower price.

Quote Originally Posted by bassdge View Post
    Yes, they used to be Stark Power and filed for bankruptcy, leaving customers with zero warranty
    I got three batteries from Energized Outdoors in June 2019. They are Amped Outdoors now. Different color battery cases and no built-in meter like the Energized Outdoors. Don't know why the name change or if it affects the warranty. Same address and same phone number.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

17. Member
    Not the same company anymore. I have seen no complaints. A few problems that were handled quickly and the customers were pleased. I have heard zero about Impulse as the many others popping up lately. I hope every one has good luck with whatever they buy. I paid the premium price so I would not have to wonder. If the money is paramount do research and pick one. Bob
    Had an issue with a bank on the iconic charger and Andy got a new one sent out in a few days. Wonderful customer service from him.
    Fish have fins, they swim

18. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Hookerz Tackle View Post
    Read the fine print on all the warranties. Pretty much they have a clause to cover themselves every which way.
    pretty much if you havent exceded the cycles and battery isnt returned with a hole in the case or looks like it tumbed around in the back of a pickup Impulse will send you a new one within 10 years... no advertised 10 or 11 year warranty then they want to pro rate it. Its a true 10 year warranty.

19. Member
    If battery does not have built in bluetooth I am not buying.

20. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by LBI View Post
    If battery does not have built in bluetooth I am not buying.
    to each his own.. dont know of a lead acid or agm battery with built in bluetooth and people got by just fine. Id rather have a 10 year warranty vs a 5 year myself.. however the impulse cranking battery WILL feature bluetooth when released.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast