Thread: Impulse lithium

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Member
    Seeing's the "Future" points STRONGLY with electric power not sure about your view. I have no skin in the game but I do look at facts.

2. Member
    When Lithium’s first came out there were issues with catching fire and causing fire issues. With all of these newer companies popping up are they more suseptabke to cheap design and safety concerns than more established lithium companies?

3. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by STRETCH1 View Post
    When Lithium’s first came out there were issues with catching fire and causing fire issues. Early batteries were lithium Ion not lithium iron phosphate lithium ion was very unstable. Lithium IRON phosphate is the most stable chemistry. hence no fires. With all of these newer companies popping up are they more suseptable to cheap design and safety concerns than more established lithium companies?
    I think the more lihium has evolved the better there getting, alot of fires were due to incompatible chargers, cheap bms or improper ones used also early batteries were lithium ion not lithium iron phosphate. Lithium ion was very unstable. Lithium IRON phosphate is the most stable chemistry. hence no fires. I think the batteries are getting better and the price point is better due to the amount of competition in the space, not because of cheaper components being used. I personally think ionic just changed there warranty to try to stay competitive in the space due to pressure from others offering a better warranty and better price on a equally as good battery.. These other companies trying to live off a established name still asking a grand for a 100 AH battery w a 3 to 5 year warranty will find quickly the name just wont cut it anymore they will be forced out of the market at that price and there current warranty. Its not a matter of if you will go lithium its when. It wont be long till lead acid and agm will be just something you remember being in your bassboat. The benefits are amazing and the price is becoming more then justifiable.
    Last edited by KandKKustomz; 01-30-2021 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bradknight83 View Post
    Impulse is owned by an elite series angler. Works for me...
    yes Bill Wieder. He’s a good guy, met him last at St. John’s event
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill2e View Post
    yes Bill Wieder. He’s a good guy, met him last at St. John’s event
    yes sir knows what was lacking in the current offerings...batteries designed by fisherman for fisherman.

6. Member
    I'm hoping to scrounge some money this spring for a 50ah from k and k. Just gotta see if my boat survives the winter. I got a few ideas to update the trolling motor/power system on my boat. Buy from a boat sponsor and a new York state business.
    2019 Alumacraft 14.5 escape tiller "child support"
    2018 Ford fiesta "pistachio"
    1992 kawasaki zx11 "legend"

7. Member
    I need that Weidler discount code and for them to get some stock.

8. Member
    Here is something to think about.

A customer has a battery that's 8+ years old which that doesn't hold a charge or doesn’t work. The customer then sends in the battery to be warrantied. The customer has no idea what the cycle count or the compacity of the battery is. A customer is not going to be able to keep up with how many times they've cycled their battery.

Over time, the cell capacity will degrade (lose it’s capacity) and the compacity will drop from 100% (100Ah) down to 80% (80Ah) or even 60% (60Ah). Will they still provide the customer with a new battery? The problem comes when you have the customer with a 10 year warranty and the warranty company stating that the battery has gone over the amount of cycles or it has a depleted compacity voiding the warranty. It’s is their word against yours with no way of tracking the actual information.

You end up with a very unhappy customer with a non working battery which was promised a 10 year warranty that's being refused service.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ionic View Post
    Here is something to think about.

A customer has a battery that's 8+ years old which that doesn't hold a charge or doesn’t work. The customer then sends in the battery to be warrantied. The customer has no idea what the cycle count or the compacity of the battery is. A customer is not going to be able to keep up with how many times they've cycled their battery.

Over time, the cell capacity will degrade (lose it’s capacity) and the compacity will drop from 100% (100Ah) down to 80% (80Ah) or even 60% (60Ah). Will they still provide the customer with a new battery? The problem comes when you have the customer with a 10 year warranty and the warranty company stating that the battery has gone over the amount of cycles or it has a depleted compacity voiding the warranty. It’s is their word against yours with no way of tracking the actual information.

You end up with a very unhappy customer with a non working battery which was promised a 10 year warranty that's being refused service.
    I doubt if 10 years from now anyone will care. The company has 10 years to make money and then close up cause the battery is outdated and no parts exist. Absolutely no one is getting a battery replace in the 10th year.

10. Member
    ^^^^^^^^
    This is where my confusion was rooted when asking what it meant on their website for cycles. I know nothing of any of these lithium batteries only what I am reading. Seems to me it could easily be used as an
    "easy out" to not cover the warranty claim on a battery.

Quote Originally Posted by JT2012 View Post
    ^^^^^^^^
    This is where my confusion was rooted when asking what it meant on their website for cycles. I know nothing of any of these lithium batteries only what I am reading. Seems to me it could easily be used as an
    "easy out" to not cover the warranty claim on a battery.
    I wouldn't make my decision based on a 10 year warranty. Ask the Evinrude buyers about it. Doesnt mean the battery is no good but come on. Common sense says it aint happening.

Some of the brands with bluetooth show how many cycles you have on your phone app.

13. Member
    I can't find on impulse site where they say how many cycles it's supposed to be good for.

Quote Originally Posted by Brianmoore25 View Post
    I can't find on impulse site where they say how many cycles it's supposed to be good for.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodman View Post
    Did you find that on there site?

Did you find that on there site?
    Its under the specifications for each battery
    https://img1.wsimg.com/blobby/go/613...=1611923226441

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodman View Post
    Its under the specifications for each battery
    https://img1.wsimg.com/blobby/go/613...=1611923226441
    Seeing it in writing definitely makes me feel better about the warranty.

Seeing it in writing definitely makes me feel better about the warranty.
    Warranty is only good as the solvency of the company behind it. How long have they been in business and how big a company are they? Most of these low cost lithium battery companies are just relabled Chinese batteries.
    Butch Derickson
    2011 Z521 w/250 hp SHO
    Traverse City, Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger519VS View Post
    Warranty is only good as the solvency of the company behind it. How long have they been in business and how big a company are they? Most of these low cost lithium battery companies are just relabled Chinese batteries.
    ummmmm, they are all china batteries

20. Member
    If you are talking about individual cells most are from china then Korea and Japan, but the American assembly and choice of how good the cells are(through testing from their bulk purchase and cell grades they are buying) But more important is a 7 or 8 year history of making and supporting their customers is even more important. They are also more likely to be in business for the period of your warranty as well. There are some of the battery importers that have a year or 2 to back up claims. They are a better bet than the generic batteries you see for real cheap prices. Let the buyer beware. JMO Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast