Thread: Impulse lithium

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bradknight83 View Post
    Impulse is owned by an elite series angler. Works for me...
    yup, how you liking your impulse bud?

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bradknight83 View Post
    Looked at all of em seems Dakota and impulse have best warranty
    note impulse is full 10 year replacement warranty... not 5 year and a 6 year proration like Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    note impulse is full 10 year replacement warranty... not 5 year and a 6 year proration like Dakota
    I looked up Dakota and year 6-11 is 30% off....lol
    What is Impulse warranty? Its unclear if its pro rated, discount or full replacement. Im not even sure what Ionic is year 4 and 5.

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodman View Post
    I looked up Dakota and year 6-11 is 30% off....lol
    What is Impulse warranty? Its unclear if its pro rated, discount or full replacement. Im not even sure what Ionic is year 4 and 5.
    free replacement in 10 years as long as dont exceed cycle life or unless you beat it up cracked the case or abused it. No proration.. Amped is 3 year on most think 36 is a 5 year. Ionic is a 5, Dakota is 11 but prorated.... heard of issues exchanging 1 year old batteries already from them.

5. Member
    What does the reference "cycled more than once a day" mean under the warranty information tab on the impulse lithium website?

free replacement in 10 years as long as dont exceed cycle life or unless you beat it up cracked the case or abused it. No proration.. Amped is 3 year on most think 36 is a 5 year. Ionic is a 5, Dakota is 11 but prorated.... heard of issues exchanging 1 year old batteries already from them.
    Ionics is 8 years not 5. Its pretty straight forward too unlike some that are extremely difficult to understand. Like Dakota for example. 30% off retail is a joke...lol

7. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Ionics is 8 years not 5. Its pretty straight forward too unlike some that are extremely difficult to understand. Like Dakota for example. 30% off retail is a joke...lol
    ya ionic went from a 5 to 8 thats good. Competition is good for the consumer, new companies coming out with better warranties , ionic had to do something .. good to hear. Ours is very straight forward as well and a 10. agree the 30 % off retail is a joke.

ya ionic went from a 5 to 8 thats good. Competition is good for the consumer, new companies coming out with better warranties , ionic had to do something .. good to hear. Ours is very straight forward as well and a 10. agree the 30 % off retail is a joke.

9. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by JT2012 View Post
    What does the reference "cycled more than once a day" mean under the warranty information tab on the impulse lithium website?
    it basically saying if you charge your battery ( and use a cycle) every day 365 days a year your battery would hit the cycle limit in 5.5 years so before the 10 year warranty. However as I posted in another thread on here there was a guy that fished for 4 months and cycled his batteries ( ionics) 7 times. NOBODY will cycle there batteries every day 365 days for 5.5 years straight.. make sense? Even if you were to cycle that battery every other other day you would hit the 10 years before you would hit the cycle limit. (note a cycle is not counted unless you drain that battery to 20 percent or below and bring it back up to 100)

10. Member
    Counting a cycle like that I'll never hit a single cycle. My average fishing trip is 4 hours.

11. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ChanceHuiet View Post
    Counting a cycle like that I'll never hit a single cycle. My average fishing trip is 4 hours.
    exactly and if you had a powerpole charge you may never have to plug in for a month . Lol..

12. Member
    How do you know how many cycles it has passed if there’s no Bluetooth?

13. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyeggroll View Post
    How do you know how many cycles it has passed if there’s no Bluetooth?
    They can tell from the BMS. It would be referenced in a warranty situation, I think people are getting way to caught up in the cycle deal of these batteries. 99.99 percent of you will never hit the cycle life of a lithium battery with a 5 year warranty let alone a 10. The fact that you know if there's a problem w the battery your going to get a new one 10 years down the road is the important part.

14. Member
    it basically saying if you charge your battery ( and use a cycle) every day 365 days a year your battery would hit the cycle limit in 5.5 years so before the 10 year warranty. However as I posted in another thread on here there was a guy that fished for 4 months and cycled his batteries ( ionics) 7 times. NOBODY will cycle there batteries every day 365 days for 5.5 years straight.. make sense? Even if you were to cycle that battery every other other day you would hit the 10 years before you would hit the cycle limit. (note a cycle is not counted unless you drain that battery to 20 percent or below and bring it back up to 100)

Ok, gotcha. Thanks for clarifying for me. I am making the move to lithium myself just trying to gather as much info as I can before doing so.

15. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by JT2012 View Post

Ok, gotcha. Thanks for clarifying for me. I am making the move to lithium myself just trying to gather as much info as I can before doing so.
    happy to assist you can always call me 607 467 5700.

16. Member
    Can you show me where Ionics went from 5 to 8? I see on the website it still has 5 listed. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NCCS15 View Post
    Can you show me where Ionics went from 5 to 8? I see on the website it still has 5 listed. Thanks
    Dont see it on there right now. Gonna have to ask Drewcraft

18. BBC SPONSOR
    I'm no longer affiliated with Battleborn, but I still run there batteries. I was one of if not the first to run their batteries in a bassboat application. I can tell you they do honor their warranty. Had one battery fail, and it ended up being water intrusion. Got my set in early 2017 since then they upgraded there apoxy to be much more water resistant. Sent me a shipping label, I mailed it back to them. They took it apart and sent me a new one. No questions asked.

19. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck456 View Post
    I'm no longer affiliated with Battleborn, but I still run there batteries. I was one of if not the first to run their batteries in a bassboat application. I can tell you they do honor their warranty. Had one battery fail, and it ended up being water intrusion. Got my set in early 2017 since then they upgraded there apoxy to be much more water resistant. Sent me a shipping label, I mailed it back to them. They took it apart and sent me a new one. No questions asked.
    not sure what that has to do with thread title..

20. Member
    I don't know anything about any of these companies or their products, but I do know business, and it's extremely volatile, particularly with new products right now.

I am comfortable in saying that all these companies will not be in business at the end of 2021. Some will file bankruptcy. Some will just close the doors. Making a good product does not insure business success. I hope every one succeeds, but in a niche market, particularly a high dollar niche, a lot don't.

Don't know the winners and the losers, but there will be some of each.

Glad I don't need batteries. If I did, I'd probably go with wet cells for another cycle.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast