GT56 with 8 series...no need to worry about whether a well tuned Mega is sharper

In case you wondered...

https://www.facebook.com/MatthewMott...2356901156432/

Add to this the auto gain that Garmin has and I don't think the Solix has and you have a winner.

Cheers

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    THat's pretty good.....i'm wanting to see some shots from the GT36....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Member
    Should be identical
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

4. Member
    Very nice, more please, clearvu to. Thanks for posting

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BASStard6344 View Post
    Very nice, more please, clearvu to. Thanks for posting
    Clear as a bell. Very nice. It is a video done by Matthew Mott in Queensland, Australia. He knows his stuff. As he posts more up I will link it here. Cheers

6. Member
    Nice video, looks very clear, but I would have preferred to see something more in the 70' per side range with brush , fish, rocks, drop offs, and docks. Looks more like a very smooth bottom, nothing like the lakes I fish. With that range it is really hard to see the detail that I want to see unless you are just looking for really large stuff. I do think that it is going to be a very good transducer!
    Last edited by Royt; 12-19-2020 at 08:22 AM.

7. Member
    I am interested in the settings to get this kind of detail.......I am very close to buying a 126 / GT56 and Id love to know how to set it up. Very interested.

8. Member
    Ranger Rick. I suppose this post may spoil the discussion for you but someone else's settings on their lake, their water that look so good may not be what you should use or even start with. Good SideVu images depend on boat speed, scroll speed, terrain, bottom hardness, contrast and brightness and probably some I left out. All of this will involve some trial and error on your part. My suggestion would be to start with default settings for scroll speed, brightness and contrast. Set range to double the depth. Find a likely target like brush or underwater tree and start making repeated passes. Each time vary the settings and find what works best for you. These images that look good only show the potential of what you could get. As I change locations and depth I find I have to tinker with the settings to get the image I want. I suspect there is not a shortcut.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

9. Member
    Dirty muddy salt water. Stock settings. 50 feet deep; 130 feet out each side. Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images

10. Member
    My first impressions of the GT56 is....the best image I have ever seen in a boat on a lake I am familiar with...hands down. I have owned Lowrance for 30 years and I am blown away by the images I saw today. Impressive Garmin!

11. Member
    Good to hear mate. Yep they are great kit. Cheers

12. Member
    Sitting still in one shot and close to it in another, so not the clearest images, but the GT56 is a great transducer. Some GT (caught a nice one just after the screenshot) and men in grey suits. Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images