Sea Clear or Clean power harness for electronics?

I've just ordered a CX20 pro and noticed on the list of standard fishing features there is what's listed as 10 gauge clean power harness for electronics from bow to stern. Is this the "Sea Clear" power harness or something similar built buy Caymas?
    Thx

2. Member
    Yes it does have clean power wiring

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billproxs View Post
    Yes it does have clean power wiring
    Is “Clean Power” Caymas’s version of “Sea Clear’s power harness “ in that’s the question.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo Carrillo View Post
    I've just ordered a CX20 pro and noticed on the list of standard fishing features there is what's listed as 10 gauge clean power harness for electronics from bow to stern. Is this the "Sea Clear" power harness or something similar built buy Caymas?
    Thx
    There's nothing "special" about the Sea Clear power harness that quality wiring cannot provide. The only difference are the people who get suckered into buying a harness at a much higher cost than needed.

Also, it's difficult to answer your question without ensuring we are on the same page. So, in a DC system, what do you consider "clean power" and what is it opposed to? Are you talking about EMI or RFI? Or impedance? Induction? Something else?
    Solix 12 Gen2 Mega+ SI, Helix 7 DI G3, Helix 10 G3N SI +, Helix 9 G3N SI +.
    Upgraded to Mega imaging from a HDS-12 Carbon

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo Carrillo View Post
    Is “Clean Power” Caymas’s version of “Sea Clear’s power harness “ in that’s the question.
    Basically yes.

6. BBC SPONSOR
    Personally own a Caymas and saw huge improvements putting the Sea Clear Harness in instead of the factory wiring. Just my 2 cents.

https://www.precisionsonar.com/produ...wiring-harness

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrecisionSonar View Post
    Personally own a Caymas and saw huge improvements putting the Sea Clear Harness in instead of the factory wiring. Just my 2 cents.

https://www.precisionsonar.com/produ...wiring-harness
    Could you elaborate? I don't have my boat yet, but I would expect a 10/2 wire from the battery to the console and another from the battery to the bow. If that is the case, shouldn't it be about the same? I don't believe the sea clear (or any other harness) has any shielding.
    2021 Caymas CX21/Mercury 250 Pro XS

8. BBC SPONSOR
    The sea clear harness does have shielding included on it. When using a direct switch and jumper from the harness you will actually see clean power from the battery ----> to the jumper ----> through the harness -----> directly to your units.

This will take the power from your livewells / engine / and any other accessories and take them off the same power switch as your units.

This is a great video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keVoAbHz31M

9. Member
    That was a great video. They've definitely figured it out.

Quote Originally Posted by PrecisionSonar View Post
    The sea clear harness does have shielding included on it. When using a direct switch and jumper from the harness you will actually see clean power from the battery ----> to the jumper ----> through the harness -----> directly to your units.

This will take the power from your livewells / engine / and any other accessories and take them off the same power switch as your units.

This is a great video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keVoAbHz31M