new lines or just connectors

I thought i had a strut that was leaking but upon closer inspection it is one of the connectors that's leaking. I have the older hoses currently. Can i get by with new connectors or would it be best to replace with newer style hoses?

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Connectors, dont think you wanna spend the coin on the hose conversion kit.. over investing in older poles w the conversion kit price IMHO.

3. Member
    I had the same issue, replaced hoses to resolve this issue. I also replaced the straight fittings with 90 degree fittings at the pumps to illuminate the bending of the hoses. Fittings were free and hose was next to nothing. You can actually buy the hose locally at a box store or a hydraulic shop. I was going to upgrade my system but decided not to because in my opinion the older systems are better in regards to electrical design. 13 years and only 1 reversible relay replaced verses control boards which seem to be a yearly thing. I also use trans fluid instead of the organic stuff because I had read somewhere it clogs the pumps up. Hope it helps

4. Member
    I do not think transmission fluid would be good to use. Should use power pole oil, which is good for water in case you have a leak or ISO-32 oil recommended by MFG. I would just change the connectors. I have had mine since 2013 and have had no problems with connectors.
    2013 A211 250 Pro XS
    Bob"s 10" Action Series Hydraulic Jack Plate
    2-8' Power Poles

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by fynns View Post
    I also use trans fluid instead of the organic stuff because I had read somewhere it clogs the pumps up. Hope it helps
    need to be using a ISO-32 fluid. Doesnt have to be green marine but needs to be a ISO-32 . Remove that transfluid ASAP!!! Anyone reading this DO NOT USE TRANSMISSION FLUID IN YOUR POWER POLE PUMPS!

6. Member
    Now talk about service!!!!!!!! they messaged me on here. Gave him my address and sent me brand new lines and connectors as well as the fluid. ALL FREE that is unheard of.

Power Poles you went above and beyond!!!!!!

7. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ranger195 View Post
    Now talk about service!!!!!!!! they messaged me on here. Gave him my address and sent me brand new lines and connectors as well as the fluid. ALL FREE that is unheard of.

Power Poles you went above and beyond!!!!!!