Tracker Pro Team 175 Cover

Hey all, I'm considering a pro team 175 in my near future and have a question about the cover. My current boat stays in the water most of the summer under a snap cover, I don't have room for out of water storage at home. When looking at covers for the tracker it seems they're all for when the boat is on the trailer. Am I correct in that? Are there covers that can be used while it's in the water?

Thank you!

2. Member
    I haven't seen a snap type cover. You may want to contact a canvas shop.

3. Member
    It doesn't have to be a snap cover, I just want a cover that will stay in place while it's in the water, not on the trailer. I was thinking of custom though.

4. Member
    The standard tracker cover doesn't clip to the trailer. Cinched tight by ratchets built into the cover.
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

5. Member
    The tracker covers has the ratchets that use a rope inside the cover. It also has straps that can used during trailering to help hold the cover down at high speeds. These go down to the trailer.
    2020 Tracker PT 190
    Mercury Pro XS 115
    X7 Spitfire prop

6. Banned
    Hold on to your wallet last custom cover I had made was over $800. But it did fit like a glove, caught no air being pulled, and looked new 15 years later so it was worth every penny.

7. Member
    The standard cover will stay on the boat in the water, sounds great to me. Thanks all for the info!

8. Member
    I'd think you'd want snaps unless you can get to all sides of the boat while it's in the water.

9. Member
    When at the dock I can usually find a way to get the cover to have water roll of with some rigging. On the dock side of the boat I tie the straps to the dock somewhere maybe use some bungee cords for tension. On the open water side I take the two straps and add maybe 2 or 3 pounds or whatever it takes to get the tension needed and throw them in the water deep enough so they will not bang on the boat or sit on the bottom of the lake.

10. Member
    I tuck my boat between two docks so I shouldn't have any problem attaching both sides.

11. Member
    I recently aquired my used Tracker and it came with the factory cover. I have had a few boats with numerous covers, The factory Tracker cover is by far the best cover I have owned in many ways. You would be perfectly fine to dock or moore your boat with the factory cover. That said, you can also add boat cover support pole if the fit of the cover might create puddles. They are prety cheap, I use one on my MasterCraft because although my cover fits well, it will get puddles without the support pole.

Tracker covers are made by Dowco Marine. You can get the exact factory cover on their website and it's probably around $500 or less, which in my opinion is a bargain for the quality cover they make. I'm probably going to order one for my Targa and just keep it around until the original one dies.

www.dowcomarine.com go there and find your exact make, model and year and they will make it for you. I ordered the entire full enclosure for mine, it fits perfectly. The dealer will charge you nearly double for the exact same cover. I can get my cover for $675 through Dowco. The price to put the exact cover on a 2021 through Tracker is $1100.

Hope that helps if you end up with that boat!
    Last edited by JS!; 01-31-2021 at 09:56 PM.
    2015 Tracker Targa V18 150 4-Stroke 2B142247 9.9 EFI Pro Kicker 1R159535
    2001 MasterCraft Maristar 210 V-Drive, LTR 330 HP

12. Member
    Did any of you guys find one that fits larger trolling motors? I’ve read many reviews saying the Dowco/BPS one doesn’t fit over a larger trolling motor. Thanks!

13. Member
    My Dowco cover fits over my Ultrex. The key is when you install it you have to angle the trolling motor in just a little bit so the head doesn't hang to far over the gunnel. I have no issues with mine even when towing.

14. Member
    Dowco!!!!!

15. Member
    Boat1.jpeg
    Quote Originally Posted by ericrjacobson12 View Post
    Did any of you guys find one that fits larger trolling motors? I’ve read many reviews saying the Dowco/BPS one doesn’t fit over a larger trolling motor. Thanks!
    My Dowco cover did not fit after upgrading to the Ultrex from the Maxxum and adding a Mega 360. It was just too high. I had a local upholstery company add material to it and it works great! He also added a few extra straps to it to make it even more secure.
    Last edited by jamokebob; 04-02-2022 at 04:50 PM.
    2021 Tracker 190TXW
    Mercury 115 PRO XS
    Ultrex 80lb 52” iPilot Link
    Bow Mount Humminbird Helix 10
    Cockpit Mount Humminbird Helix 9
    Mega 360
    Mega Live Target Lock

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jfergus7 View Post
    My Dowco cover fits over my Ultrex. The key is when you install it you have to angle the trolling motor in just a little bit so the head doesn't hang to far over the gunnel. I have no issues with mine even when towing.
    jfergus7 if you get a chance could you share a picture of your install? I have a Terrova 80 on the front so was curious what you meant by angling the trolling motor in a little bit. I'll try adjusting the position of the motor mount tonight to see if it helps a bit. Thanks for the response!
    2011 Tracker TXW175
    60hp Mercury
    80lb Terrova

17. Member
    I like my Dowco cover, but the zippers are week and any place in the front of the boat that has a rub point will wear from the inside out...In addition, the pull straps are not really the best either...they stretched and started to fray badly. I brought mine to an upholsterer and had the wear areas reinforced from the inside, the straps replaced and the zippers replaced with really nice heavy duty marine grade type. Its a much better cover now.
    Last edited by John_6788; 04-05-2022 at 11:25 PM.
    1988 Bass Tacker Tournament Pro V17, 70 HP 2 stroke Mercury, Minn Kota Edge, Garmin 7CV (SOLD)
    2022 Bass Tracker Classic XL, 50HP 4 stroke, Minn Kota Edge, Garmin 93SV, Micro Anchor

18. Member
    Thanks for posting the picture!
    2011 Tracker TXW175
    60hp Mercury
    80lb Terrova