Best way to finance a used boat from private seller?

Hey Ken, I found a boat for sale here on BBC that is a private seller and out of state. What is the best way to go about getting financed, what are my options? Thanks!

Call Reclending!

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

3. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by jcronebassmaster View Post
    Hey Ken, I found a boat for sale here on BBC that is a private seller and out of state. What is the best way to go about getting financed, what are my options? Thanks!
    First off, it looks like 06 SB has a great idea. Buying from a private party has some very important steps that need to be taken. You need to be sure that he has ALL the ownership documents his state requires. Your state will need to see those to prove it's his to sell.
    We gather VIN pics, copy of boat registration (all states register boats), copy of trailer registration (some state register). We look to see what units are titled in the seller state and ask for copies of those. In non-title states we do UCC searches to check for liens.
    I know it sounds complicated but it really boils down very simple. The seller needs to prove he owns it and no money to a seller with a lien.
    We work with private buyers and sellers all the time.
    Let me know if we can help.
    Thank you,
    Ken
    (517) 543-6921 - Office
    (517) 930-2721 - Cell

4. Member
    I purchased a private seller out of state boat earlier this year and went with Ken at Reclending. I had zero issues and they took care of all the title transfer and tax paperwork so I didn’t have to mess with it.

5. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by jgrenin View Post
    I purchased a private seller out of state boat earlier this year and went with Ken at Reclending. I had zero issues and they took care of all the title transfer and tax paperwork so I didn’t have to mess with it.
    Thank you for the plug. The 2 girls in our title company, Cassi and Hannah do great work. They make us look good every day. Putting the boat in a buyers driveway is the easy part. Making sure all the ownership docs are straight, AHEAD OF TIME, is major.
    Let us know how we can help.
    Ken
    (517) 543-6921 - Office
    (517) 930-2721 - Cell

6. Member
    X2 for RecLending I used them as well and no issues at all very good people to work with.

7. Member
    I haven’t used rec lending but my friend jarred has nothing but good things to say about them
    Murray State Alum
    2007 Champion 210 with all the toys

8. BBC SPONSOR
    Thank you for the kind words! We wish you and yours a Happy and Healthy New Year!