Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Members who had Covid?

I’ve been off work since Tuesday(scheduled time off)I worked out on Tuesday lots of overhead movements my traps and shoulders were pretty sore on Wednesday. Wednesday afternoon I was cutting some steel with a chop saw outside for a plate tree I was making for the garage. Thursday I woke up a little nasally and a headache minor jaw pain and sore neck and shoulders, figured it was from working out and the dust from the chop saw. Took some ibuprofen and felt fine all day. Worked out Thursday(powercleans). Fired up my neck and shoulders, guess they weren’t quite recovered yet. I didn’t sleep great and was a little tired Friday but I didn’t sleep well so it made sense that I was dragging ass all day. Friday night slept fine. Felt good Saturday a little nasally still but no face pain or headache. Wake up today and I feel fine still a a little nasally but I lost my sense of smell and taste. It’s weird I can’t smell rubbing alcohol if I hold it under my nose. Getting tested tomorrow, thought I might have a sinus infection but the 24hr nurse seems to think it’s Covid, if that’s the case I hope this will be all it is, but doubt I will be that lucky. Feel like this just the calm before the storm that’s coming my way. Just hope I didn’t pass it along to more people as I was around people Saturday night. I was wearing a mask at least.

Anybody else have a similar experience like this?

2. Member
    Family is all fine. Good luck and I wish you the best.

4. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    My stepdaughter caught it from school. She's a teacher and before her, there were 12 teachers within a 2 week span that tested positive......she started out like you with headache, then slowly getting tired, real bad sore throat and then lost smell and taste and just feeling like crap.....

The day she tested positive, her husband came to the house to drop of the baby. So far, neither him, baby, me or wife have any sysmtoms or gotten sick......still having my fingers crosses....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

5. Member

Just got over it myself. Knew I was exposed before I ever had symptoms. Had a little cough for a few days, followed by 1 day of bad cough and a little sore throat, followed by about 4 more days of a bad sore throat. Luckily my symptoms were mild and so far the rest of the family is good and I didn't take it into my work. Wasn't bad for me and I am sure I didn't expose anyone else (except wife and kids).

7. Georgia Bass Club Moderator fishnfool38's Avatar
    For me I started feeling just not good on a Friday evening, Saturday no energy but pushed myself to work(on my deck), broke out in an instant sweat that soaked my shirt almost instantly. I thought I was having a heat stroke so I took a cool shower, went to the couch with ac cranking didn't do anything from that point until Monday evening. Just layed around in the dark to help with the worse headache I've ever had, a migraine has nothing on that one. The headaches subsided after about a week best I remember but not sure I've got 100% of my energy level back yet and that was the first week of August.

Fortunately I didn't really have any respiratory problems until a week or so later then I was coughing up stuff from deep in my chest. It wasn't a lot but felt great when I did any.

8. Member
    My experience started with a dry cough for several days. Woke up one morning with a moderate fever so off to an urgent care clinic. Temp was 102.5 at the clinic and a rapid test confirmed it. Sent home with zpac, steroids, and an inhaler. Fever disappeared that same evening. I swear the cure could have been wore than the disease. Only thing that bothered me was tingling sensation in all extremities (including my pecker). My hope is that yours (if you have it) is as mild as mine was. Never did loose sense of taste or smell but my wife did after catching it I'm sure from me. Her experience was mild as well. Follow directions and stay active is my advice. Moving around sure helped me and the steroids helped in that regard. Inhaler is in an un-opened package. Prayers for you and your family.

9. Member
    I had it. Fever was more annoying then severe.

My father, on the other hand, because of it, will be on blood thinners the rest of his life. He also became a diabetic because of it. He is still on oxygen a month after being cleared to leave the hospital; that stay was four weeks. Before he was a picture of health but his wife decided to treat it with essential oils until it got to the point of near death... then they needed real health care to literally save his life.

This. Is. Real.

10. Member
    Had it a week ago. Lost smell and taste first then got tested. Was really tired days 7-9. Was fine otherwise. I was lucky.

11. Member
    Just getting over it, going back to work tomorrow. (Mon)
    Head cold with a severe sore throat, over a week. No fever.
    Wife had severe headaches , and lost sense of smell.

Wife and I may have had it a few weeks ago. Started like and felt like a head cold for both of us. Called the doctor immediately because we're both high risk and was told if it got worse to come in and get tested. Mine only lasted a couple of days and wife's lasted about a week. If we had it, we were lucky it wasn't any worse than it was. My wife's brother (my fishing buddy) has been in the hospital with it for 2 months and not doing well.

13. Member
    Some of my co workers and there family 7 total lost the smell and taste, and they are all fine now, nothing else happened to them, and they all had it....
    "Remember You Only live Once"

14. Member
    Pretty sure I had it last week started with chills and a headache for two days then headache was gone lost sense of smell and taste on Tuesday that still hasn’t come back yet felt like head is congested but that’s about it

Quote Originally Posted by Danbaerwald View Post
    Pretty sure I had it last week started with chills and a headache for two days then headache was gone lost sense of smell and taste on Tuesday that still hasn’t come back yet felt like head is congested but that’s about it
    That almost sounds identical to what I have. I was just cold Friday night, but no fever and headache went away after I got up and moved around. Head feels a little congested and lost my sense of taste and smell.

16. Member
    I was lucky and didn’t know I had it until I donated blood and came back positive on antibodies. My wife said I had a ‘bad cold’ in the spring which was probably it. She’s high risk and we have been solid on masks and hand washing but with a kid in school I think its pretty impossible to avoid it. Especially here in Idaho where patriots are sure it’s still not real. I hope all stay well (not said patriots), recover, and live on into the future. I’m up for a blood donation on Thursday and will see what the antibody test comes back as. And yes, I will still get vaccinated when I’m eligible.
    I like Big Bass, I cannot lie

17. Member
    Grandson 27 years old had it, very sore throat, fever, head cold, ache all over with joints hurting. He had this for two weeks then the running nose, lost of smell and taste for about a month, doing fine now. My wife (RN, SON IN LAW DEPARTMENT MANAGER AT HOSPITAL) grand daughter all didn't get it.

18. Member
    i've got it right now. tested positive last thursday. woke up with chills tuesday morning and felt like crap with a bad headache. noticed wed i had no smell or taste. bout the same today.

19. Member
    I got it back in late October. Symptoms are varied. I had most of them. Awful chill for days, fever, headache, dry and wet coughs, loss of taste and smell. My lungs got hit bad I was on meds for that for weeks. I do have asthma, I went to the ER one night it was so bad. If I didn't have my inhaler I'm not sure I woulda made it. It was a scary 2 or 3 hours. I reacted to meds quickly, thankfully.
    Your symptoms do add up. But there is a flu going around here that mimics it, I had and uncle and a friend we swore were positive and came back negative and never passed it to anyone.

I always emphasize. Yes most people get it and it's no biggie. Take it from me, and I didn't have it bad according to the ER doc, it's been almost 2 months and I loose my breath still. It can really have an impact on some people. The ER doc said to me, "I am in for a long couple months of recovery" because of asthma.
    2020 Vexus AVX 1880
    Evinrude E-Tec 135 HO
    Ultrex
    Lowrance

Both my parents and dad passed away last month

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast