Thread: Ham & Bean Soup

Ham & Bean Soup

I need a good ham & bean soup recipe. I have the ham bone and dried Northern Beans. Never made this but my wife loves it. So any help out there.

2. Member
    I cook mine in crock pot. Ham diced up potatoes diced, baby carrots,great northen beans ( make sure u soak them over night in lots of water )onion, celery, garlic powder, black pepper, cooked bacon bits and a small dash of liquid smoke and cook start on high for 2 hours then low for 7 more

3. Member
    I've been making soups with a instapot. I like using the lid and keeping leftovers right in the pot. Put it back in cooker, run on warm for 20 minutes and dinner ready again. Great for making a stock. cook the bone 20 min, take out, strip what you can and add back in pot. Add everything else and run on soup setting maybe 25-30 min. Ham bean soup maybe go with a lot of fresh garlic, some chopped spinach. Lotta memories there!!
    2019 Alumacraft 14.5 escape tiller "child support"
    2018 Ford fiesta "pistachio"
    1992 kawasaki zx11 "legend"

4. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    I like to throw in a can or two of diced tomatoes with chilies to whatever bean soup I’m fixing.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

I don't really have a set recipe so I’m not much help. I will throw in dried chilies if they’re mild. The wife unit doesn’t like the spicy stuff. I go by taste and whatever I have in the fridge/cabinet. Cumin powder seems to find its way into most of my soups and stews.

6. Member
    Thanks guys