Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Livescope on Ultrex

I’m looking over options of how to mount a livescope transducer to an Ultrex.

1. Shaft mount- transducer mounted to rotating Ultrex shaft. Beam follows head of motor at all times. OK for some things and easy foot pedal adjustment of direction of beam. Livescope useless on spot lock.
    2. Stationary pole mount- transducer mounted to stationary pole independent of Ultrex. Beam can be adjusted in most directions. Spotlock still provides good picture. Depending on how it’s done this can get messy with things in the way and lots to store when time to move. Have to stop and use hands to point beam.
    3. Motorized mount from Ultrex hub- works on spotlock. Point where you want with a second foot control. Stores easily when motor pulled. Expensive. More controls cluttering boat deck.
    4. Belt synchronized mount from Ultrex hub- beam turns with foot pedal when wanted and is stationary when don’t. Stores easily. Best of both worlds.

Has anyone been able to come up with a new or updated version of this mounting system seen in the video. (Skip to 5:00)
    F3237D62-4F41-4775-BA0C-3E53B6A20D53.jpeg

Anybody know where to find a floor flange or aluminum through flange with an inside diameter of 1.75”?
    DB35171E-59A3-46B8-8CFA-9F27CADE4FA0.jpeg
    Last edited by Cfrench085; 12-13-2020 at 10:09 AM.

2. Member
    IMO before you answer 1-4, what is the fish species you are targeting the majority of the time. To keep it simple let’s say crappie or bass.
    I target bass 99% of the time.
    1.) My current set-up. Not great for setting up on structure and wanting to watch the fish react to your bait. Easiest option for bass. I have a mega360 and know exactly where the structure is on spotlock. I locate the fish on the structure with livescope, hit spotlock, and keep lined up with mega360.
    2.) Easiest for crappie. Kinda of a pain in the butt for bass. Bass seem to move around more than you think. Constantly having to adjust the livescope direction.
    3.). Best of both worlds but pricey. I’m kinda considering both the livescanner and cornfield crappie mounts. More crap on the front deck (foot pedals). Downside is I already have the mega360 mount on the TM and I would be adding a mount on the other side. My TM already looks like I’m hauling around a cell tower on my front deck. I’m waiting to see if I can consistently catch bass that I’m watching. So far very hit and miss.
    4.). Saw this awhile back. I think it would be fine for crappie but just to many parts for me lose when I’m running and gunning looking for bass.
    2023 Z520R 55th Anniversary Edition
    (3) 12” HDS Live with active target
    (1) Solix 15 with Mega 360

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcqtr View Post
    IMO before you answer 1-4, what is the fish species you are targeting the majority of the time. To keep it simple let’s say crappie or bass.
    I target bass 99% of the time.
    1.) My current set-up. Not great for setting up on structure and wanting to watch the fish react to your bait. Easiest option for bass. I have a mega360 and know exactly where the structure is on spotlock. I locate the fish on the structure with livescope, hit spotlock, and keep lined up with mega360.
    2.) Easiest for crappie. Kinda of a pain in the butt for bass. Bass seem to move around more than you think. Constantly having to adjust the livescope direction.
    3.). Best of both worlds but pricey. I’m kinda considering both the livescanner and cornfield crappie mounts. More crap on the front deck (foot pedals). Downside is I already have the mega360 mount on the TM and I would be adding a mount on the other side. My TM already looks like I’m hauling around a cell tower on my front deck. I’m waiting to see if I can consistently catch bass that I’m watching. So far very hit and miss.
    4.). Saw this awhile back. I think it would be fine for crappie but just to many parts for me lose when I’m running and gunning looking for bass.
    Correct. Bass.
    Think as I’ve looked and thought about it more I’m leaning #4 but maybe installing initially as #1. I think I can make #4 out of Minnkota parts and an aluminum plate if I can find a good way to secure the tube through the plate and hold it. I’ve made an aluminum plate and bolted to Ultrex holes before to install a blacklight. The tube is about all that’s new in this idea. $100 instead of $300 too.
    Last edited by Cfrench085; 12-13-2020 at 03:21 PM.

Might take a look at this

https://www.thelivescanner.com/
    "The handicapped angler"

5. Member
    Cornfield Crappie has a nice motorized mount that will fit on the Ultrex, Comes with a remote and a footpedal.

6. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    The livescanner starts at 549 also has swing brackets or stationary

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MichAngler View Post
    Might take a look at this

https://www.thelivescanner.com/
    That’s one #3’s along with cornfield crappie. To me it’s too much clutter on the deck and I’d rather have it follow the trolling motor at least most of the time. Being able to change between following the trolling motor and not following when on spotlock seems better overall. Plus less to break and much cheaper.
    Last edited by Cfrench085; 12-13-2020 at 12:15 PM.

8. Dustin Ray
    I'm D-Ray Fishing and created the video in your post. In testing right now on a new product that is going to blow my original idea out of the water. It will be from a company that mass produces it

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dustinray View Post
    I'm D-Ray Fishing and created the video in your post. In testing right now on a new product that is going to blow my original idea out of the water. It will be from a company that mass produces it

When will you be revealing it? Your original concept was simple and genius at the same time.

10. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    That will be interesting to see....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

When I first started using my Livescope, I was surprised at how good my shaft mounted transducer works even in Spot Lock. I'm always down wind/current from my target when in Spot Lock, which means that when the motor settles I can see my target most of the time. The motor will still correct occasionally, but I only lose my view for a second or two. I'm an old and simple man. I hate clutter so it took me a long, long time to figure out where and how to mount the second screen and run the wires (mostly the wires ... I hate wires). Long and short is that I like my simple setup even in Spot Lock.

12. Member
    I use option 4, no problem for me. gives me more flexibility without breaking the bank
    2014 Xpress X-19 Pro Yammy VMAX 175 HDPI

13. Member
    Now that’s good news. Excited to see it.
    I’ve been dreaming up an idea with a 3rd tensioner pulley that’s engaged by lever much like you’d see on a lawnmower. Turn it on and off by throwing a lever. Something I can buy though I’m all ears.
    Last edited by Cfrench085; 12-17-2020 at 11:50 AM.

14. Member
    2020 BassChamps Central Lake Belton 1st - Feb 2
    2019 Media Bass Individual Champion - Richland Chambers Sep 7-8
    2019 CAST Champions - Sam Rayburn Oct 19-20
    2011 BassChamps East Region Champions-Sam Rayburn Oct 1-2

2020 Bullet 21XRS 2020 Mercury 250 ProXS 4 Stroke
    Texas Realtor
    Helping Texans buy and Sell their Homes

15. Member
    Mines on the shaft....we bass fish and I need my hands to be free. Its really no big deal to swing the head and scan when you need to. Its simple and brainless....I can run spot to spot just like we always have with no additional poles to pick up.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shooter66 View Post
    Mines on the shaft....we bass fish and I need my hands to be free. Its really no big deal to swing the head and scan when you need to. Its simple and brainless....I can run spot to spot just like we always have with no additional poles to pick up.
    That’s what I’d be doing most of the time. Would still like to have the option for locking the transducer rotation when on spotlock though.

17. Dustin Ray
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    When will you be revealing it? Your original concept was simple and genius at the same time.
    The final tweaks are in progress as we speak, so sometime around first of the year! It's designed perfectly for fisherman that want to fish normally most of the time, but need the precise target or structure lock when needed with a flip of a switch

18. Dustin Ray
    Quote Originally Posted by Cfrench085 View Post
    Now that’s good news. Excited to see it.
    I’ve been dreaming up an idea with a 3rd tensioner pulley that’s engaged by lever much like you’d see on a lawnmower. Turn it on and off by throwing a lever. Something I can buy though I’m all ears.
    I'm stoked about it! The company actually contacted me wanting to expand and build on my idea, which blew me away because in reality the company could have just ran with it on their own. But they wanted to work with me and wanted my opinions and input. All of us bass fisherman have been waiting for this! It will be leaked on my YouTube channel first;)

19. Member
    I'm stoked about it! The company actually contacted me wanting to expand and build on my idea, which blew me away because in reality the company could have just ran with it on their own. But they wanted to work with me and wanted my opinions and input. All of us bass fisherman have been waiting for this! It will be leaked on my YouTube channel first;)
    Subscribed Any idea on a timeline?

20. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    And cost?
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast