Thread: raptor reviews?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

raptor reviews?

Im getting ready to pull the trigger on a 10' pole of some sort. It comes down to the 10' blade or the raptor with AA. Curious if anyone out there has had enough time with a raptor to give up some honest reviews. The raptor is priced a fair bit lower than the blade here in Canada. Not interested in Talons.

I had them put on my new BC Lynx. have had them on for about 3 months. So far, they are flawless. Quiet, sturdy and well constructed, in my opinion. No issues
    2024 Bass Cat Puma STS
    2024 Mercury V8 ProXS 250hp

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RMG63 View Post
    I had them put on my new BC Lynx. have had them on for about 3 months. So far, they are flawless. Quiet, sturdy and well constructed, in my opinion. No issues
    Do you have active anchor? If so, thoughts?

Yes sir I do ... they seem to have adequate holding power when deployed. I assume they are adjusting accordingly to the conditions
    2024 Bass Cat Puma STS

5. Member
    I’ve got 2 I’ll be putting on shortly. I plan on filming some videos will be sure to post once complete.

6. Member
    I just got my boat and had them put on. First impression; very quiet and smooth compared to the PowerPoles I had on my last boat. I haven't used them much as I just got the boat and I have not used the active anchoring yet. My dealer said that he has has great reviews from customers who have used their Raptors.

7. BBC SPONSOR
    8' Raptors so far not bad. Some with BlueTooth signal issues

What was done to those having Bluetooth issues to resolve that ??
    2024 Bass Cat Puma STS

9. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by RMG63 View Post
    What was done to those having Bluetooth issues to resolve that ??
    Currently nada as far as I am aware of. Has not been consistent. Personally I think it depends on boat and how many Wifi / BT devices are installed communicating across the same frequency. There has also been talks of newer outboards causing BT device issues

10. Member
    The Bluetooth issues was the main reason I got rid of my 8ft Talons. The remotes sucked. I would re-pair them constantly and still had issues with only one talon going down or press the buttons for down and wait 15 seconds for them to go down. Some days I would press the buttons and they wouldn't go down. I tried new remotes and still had the same problems. I sold them and put blades on my boat and have not had an issue. I noticed the Raptor remote looks identical to the Talon remote so hopefully they do not share the same problems because it gets really frustrating. I work for a boat dealership and we have installed three or four sets of Raptors and have not heard any complaints but they are still new to the game.
    Brad Krone

11. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Why Power Pole uses RF and not bluetooth for there remotes. No constant pairing, no loss of pairing. No issues with other bluetooth devices interfering.
    Last edited by KandKKustomz; 12-18-2020 at 08:00 AM.

12. Member
    Thanks for the input! I ended up getting a good deal on a 10' blade and walked away with it for 2400cad which is a steal. Only issue now is finding a port side mount that will still allow my port side ladder to unfold and not hit the pole. I have a 2006 Basscat pantera classic.

13. Member
    Have moved well over 100 of em , only issue was getting them at first.. now inventory is whole finally. Have heard of one bluetooth issue. Otherwise been hearing great feed back, about quiet, strong, well built, better mouse trap for a better price basically, is what we are hearing and seeing.

Much rather have bluetooth/ Wifi vs RF for any type of remote.. Don't want someone's garage door opener may my poles deploy on highway.. lol

Also if poles are RF how do HDS units and ghost motors communicate with the poles thru the C-Monster ? How does C-monster connect to HDS wifi/ bluetooth?

Not a pole guy .
    Last edited by pluggedtheboat; 12-18-2020 at 12:19 PM.

14. Member
    I hate the foot buttons for minnkota, power pole is very trusted and the best customer service in the entire fishing industry

15. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by pluggedtheboat View Post
    Have moved well over 100 of em , only issue was getting them at first.. now inventory is whole finally. Have heard of one bluetooth issue. Otherwise been hearing great feed back, about quiet, strong, well built, better mouse trap for a better price basically, is what we are hearing and seeing.

Much rather have bluetooth/ Wifi vs RF for any type of remote.. Don't want someone's garage door opener may my poles deploy on highway.. lol

Also if poles are RF how do HDS units and ghost motors communicate with the poles thru the C-Monster ? How does C-monster connect to HDS wifi/ bluetooth?

Not a pole guy .
    if you noticed I said the remotes were RF ie foot buttons handhelds and wireless dash switch. HDS connection as well as app connection to the poles are bluetooth as RF wouldnt be a option now would it.. Powerpoles RF frequency used isnt even close to that of a garage door opener , so that wont happen. nice try however.. anyone connecting anything thru bluetooth knows there are paring issues loss of paring etc.. that includes the c monster app... bluetooth is unrealiable at best.
    As far as a better mousetrap at a better price.. compare apples to apples a pro II to a raptor pricing is not better actually higher for the raptor. There brackets are overpriced as well. We have already had the discussion on here and Rich has compared the (2) and agrees the raptor is no blade and shouldnt be compared to the pricing of a blade.

Nobody is here saying Raptors are bad, im not knocking them.. certinly hasnt put a dent in Powerpole sales that ill tell you for sure they will close a record breaking sales year this year. My point was simply saying sometimes simple is better and more reliable and that seems to be RF.

21 years of building poles and power Pole hasnt gone bluetooth for there remotes ask yourself why. Even Minn kota fanboys will admit there talon bluetooth remotes we a PIA.
    Last edited by KandKKustomz; 12-18-2020 at 07:55 PM.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    if you noticed I said the remotes were RF ie foot buttons handhelds and wireless dash switch. HDS connection as well as app connection to the poles are bluetooth as RF wouldnt be a option now would it.. Powerpoles RF frequency used isnt even close to that of a garage door opener , so that wont happen. nice try however.. anyone connecting anything thru bluetooth knows there are paring issues loss of paring etc.. that includes the c monster app... bluetooth is unrealiable at best.
    As far as a better mousetrap at a better price.. compare apples to apples a pro II to a raptor pricing is not better actually higher for the raptor. There brackets are overpriced as well. We have already had the discussion on here and Rich has compared the (2) and agrees the raptor is no blade and shouldnt be compared to the pricing of a blade.

Nobody is here saying Raptors are bad, im not knocking them.. certinly hasnt put a dent in Powerpole sales that ill tell you for sure they will close a record breaking sales year this year. My point was simply saying sometimes simple is better and more reliable and that seems to be RF.

21 years of building poles and power Pole hasnt gone bluetooth for there remotes ask yourself why. Even Minn kota fanboys will admit there talon bluetooth remotes we a PIA.
    Great points. I am a Minn Kota/Humminbird guy and work at a large boat dealership. My issues I had with Bluetooth Talons were the Bluetooth remotes sucked and I never realized how much heavier they are compared to poles until I started carrying them to customer trucks.

As for the Raptor, so far we have no complaints from the customers we sold them to. The remotes are the same as the Talons so time will tell. The brackets are expensive at $250 per side, are they nice and study, yes but, $500 for dual brackets is almost double dual braced Power Pole brackets.

As for customer service Power Pole is the best in the marine business (well tied with BassCat imo). I will take 20+ years of building the same product over something that has been out for a few months.
    Brad Krone

17. Member
    Damnit you guys are making this tough for me.

Raptors look good...

Poles are tried and true.

All total everything comes in around 4k for a fully geared 10ft set..

18. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by OverTimeAgain View Post
    Damnit you guys are making this tough for me.

Raptors look good...

Poles are tried and true.

All total everything comes in around 4k for a fully geared 10ft set..
    might wanna price poles w us our complete 10 foot package is much less w free shipping and no sales tax

19. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by pluggedtheboat View Post

Not a pole guy .
    This guy... LOL

Power pole uses 900MHZ for it's remotes and BT for phone app, Charge, and electronics. By design or by luck? 900mhz has always been a solid RF band and seems to continues to be. PowerPole has no intentions of moving it's remotes away from RF. Currently, there systems have very very little interference. With everything now days going BT issues will continue to persist with other products. This isn't a bash on Raptor. just stating about BT in general.

I am sure Power Pole has the ability to make its remotes BT but why would you want to when it's current system is so solid and BT is becoming problematic.

Go sell more Raptors... 100 units Sounds like your slacking.

20. Member
    my only reason for possibly choosing raptor was price but i managed to pick up a 10' blade for an amazing deal of 2400cad which was less than the raptor.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast