Thread: raptor reviews?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    If you want Raptors hit up Hydrilla gear, I got active anchoring raptors with Power pole brackets for cheaper than I could pick up sportsman 2 power poles. Not saying someone couldn't beat the price with sportsman anchors, but the wife thought white anchors would look best on the boat, and well, sportsman 2 don't come in white.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrilla Gear View Post
    This guy...
    Mate, he may be “this guy” but your being “that guy”.

We know that you want to represent the brand, but there are ways to do that without being such a knob. Present the facts, dispute the errors, that’s great, but to be honest, your manner puts me off buying a power pole product.

I hope you can accept this criticism in the manner it was intended, constructive.

Smokey

3. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokeyr67 View Post
    Mate, he may be “this guy” but your being “that guy”.

We know that you want to represent the brand, but there are ways to do that without being such a knob. Present the facts, dispute the errors, that’s great, but to be honest, your manner puts me off buying a power pole product.

I hope you can accept this criticism in the manner it was intended, constructive.

Smokey
    Good morning to you Smokey.

I happen to know "this guy." and the comments directed at him I am certain he has taken no offense to...

As to your comment about being a "knob" or "that guy"...

I dunno maybe it's you who has just become... Well...

Warm Regards,

Rich
    Last edited by Hydrilla Gear; 12-20-2020 at 08:02 AM.

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator

Go sell more Raptors... 100 units Sounds like your slacking.
    Last edited by KandKKustomz; 12-20-2020 at 07:17 PM.

5. Member
    I’m not trying to sell a product, so I can be as big a knob as I like, you on the other hand have lost power pole a little bit of business, I know it won’t exactly destroy their profit margin, but I was considering purchasing the charge. If I liked the charge, if it worked, and suited my requirements I may have considered a couple of poles.
    I was really interested in the PP trolling motor, none of the other brands fit my needs, so I was hoping that the Powerpole product would fit my needs.

I’ll look elsewhere, and I’ll be sure to tell PP who and why I’m no longer considering purchasing their products.

Have a great Christmas,

Yours Honestly
    A consumer

6. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokeyr67 View Post
    I’m not trying to sell a product, so I can be as big a knob as I like, you on the other hand have lost power pole a little bit of business, I know it won’t exactly destroy their profit margin, but I was considering purchasing the charge. If I liked the charge, if it worked, and suited my requirements I may have considered a couple of poles.
    I was really interested in the PP trolling motor, none of the other brands fit my needs, so I was hoping that the Powerpole product would fit my needs.

I’ll look elsewhere, and I’ll be sure to tell PP who and why I’m no longer considering purchasing their products.

Have a great Christmas,

Yours Honestly
    A consumer
    Makes perfect sense to me

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pluggedtheboat View Post
    Have moved well over 100 of em , only issue was getting them at first.. now inventory is whole finally. Have heard of one bluetooth issue. Otherwise been hearing great feed back, about quiet, strong, well built, better mouse trap for a better price basically, is what we are hearing and seeing.

Much rather have bluetooth/ Wifi vs RF for any type of remote.. Don't want someone's garage door opener may my poles deploy on highway.. lol

Also if poles are RF how do HDS units and ghost motors communicate with the poles thru the C-Monster ? How does C-monster connect to HDS wifi/ bluetooth?

Not a pole guy .

I have had 3 sets of Talons. I am an engineer who works in electronics so I don't think the issue was user error. I really liked them other than one issue with all 3 sets. The remotes would constantly loose connections with one or both talons. I would MUCH rather have RF remotes... Garage door openers??? Not sure what thats about...

My new basscat has poles. Hoping this problem goes away.

As to dropping on the highway - No one should ever be driving their boat down the highway with their anchors powered up. You should always have an on/off switch in the off position for all boat electronics when trailering. Boat wiring 101.

8. Member
    Good morning to you Smokey.

I happen to know "this guy." and the comments directed at him I am certain he has taken no offense to...

As to your comment about being a "knob" or "that guy"...

I dunno maybe it's you who has just become... Well...

Warm Regards,

Rich

No offense taken!

but c'mon man i don't even do PP and know they operate at 433.92mhz not 900mhz! lol

someone needs to do a boat with port Raptor and Starboard PP.. Hydrilla lets go!

9. BBC SPONSOR

but c'mon man i don't even do PP and know they operate at 433.92mhz not 900mhz! lol
    I do not normally chime in on these threads, but your statement is not accurate. We have not used a 433mhz since CM1 products almost 4 years ago.

All of our products operate on CM2.0 with a 900mhz. We have never used BT to communicate with anything other than the phone app. CM2 gateway communicates VIA CM2 and N2K.

We built the C-Monster network from the from the ground upspecifically for the marine industry so it doesn't have the limitations of other wireless options like Wifi and BT including the ability toconnect and control multiple products at once and range limitations.

10. Member
    i was going by what i read on FCC applications i read a few of em, must have been on CM1 thought i was on most recent, my apologies. Either way 900MHz would be a better option as the range, ability to pas thru object humans much better etc. cool innovative stuff you guys have engineered.

@PowerpoleTech any future changes coming or needed with recent changes to the regulation of 900mhz per the FCC that was enacted this past summer? Or any areas counties enforcing to your knowledge?

or would those new laws/regulatory matters not effect your product? I guess they wouldn't apply?

11. Member
    I bought my Poles from Hydrilla Gear and cannot say enough about the great service I got from them. Great price and fast, free shipping. Great company to work with and buy from. Power Pole costumer service has been the best I have experienced from any in the boating industry. They have made me a customer for life as well.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawglip View Post
    I bought my Poles from Hydrilla Gear and cannot say enough about the great service I got from them. Great price and fast, free shipping. Great company to work with and buy from. Power Pole costumer service has been the best I have experienced from any in the boating industry. They have made me a customer for life as well.

Rich is A++++++

13. BBC SPONSOR
    No offense taken!

someone needs to do a boat with port Raptor and Starboard PP.. Hydrilla lets go!
    How is it you can find time to post today but ignore my emails... I see how it is..

This has been a good thread to wrap up the new year... a little poke fun and some product knowledge all wrapped up into one.

As to a Power Pole and a Raptor boat build.. Hmmm. sounds like it could be a good time. I like trying to break stuff.. How about I supply the anchors and you supply the boat.

14. Member
    How is it you can find time to post today but ignore my emails... I see how it is..

This has been a good thread to wrap up the new year... a little poke fun and some product knowledge all wrapped up into one.

As to a Power Pole and a Raptor boat build.. Hmmm. sounds like it could be a good time. I like trying to break stuff.. How about I supply the anchors and you supply the boat.

I even replied on my day off!! Lol.

have a 6ft inflatable raft headed ur way then I guess. 2.5 kicker tiller engine... cool?

happy new year to all may your talon or power pole or raptor hold you steady and allow 2020 to pass and the current of 2021 fill your bag.

What about the earlier talons that didn't have BT or so I've been told. What do they work on? Just curious

Nobody knows.........Also, can you pair two non bluetooth talons? With the 4 button or 2 button ( white-old style)
    Last edited by tracer1; 01-02-2021 at 06:08 PM.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tracer1 View Post
    What about the earlier talons that didn't have BT or so I've been told. What do they work on? Just curious
    I have the earlier non-BT Talons and have never lost the connection from the foot controls or the remotes. I never really thought about how they were communicating but now I'm curious too.

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by db220 View Post
    I have the earlier non-BT Talons and have never lost the connection from the foot controls or the remotes. I never really thought about how they were communicating but now I'm curious too.
    Only so many ways consumer electronics can communicate wirelessly. IR or RF. Everything that isn't IR is RF.

433 Mhz is your standard RF frequency. Garage door openers, TV remotes, etc. Then there's IEEE 802.15.4 which covers several 900 Mhz ranges and 2.3-2.4 Ghz used for short range low bitrate networking. This covers Bluetooth, Z-Wave, Zigbee. Then there are the standard UHF bands for higher power longer ranger RF applications like WiFi.

Only so much bandwidth the FCC allows for consumer electronics.

So it's 433Mhz for the early models (2011-2013).

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post
    Only so many ways consumer electronics can communicate wirelessly. IR or RF. Everything that isn't IR is RF.

433 Mhz is your standard RF frequency. Garage door openers, TV remotes, etc. Then there's IEEE 802.15.4 which covers several 900 Mhz ranges and 2.3-2.4 Ghz used for short range low bitrate networking. This covers Bluetooth, Z-Wave, Zigbee. Then there are the standard UHF bands for higher power longer ranger RF applications like WiFi.

Only so much bandwidth the FCC allows for consumer electronics.
    I wanted to say Bluetooth is just name brand RF, but I am glad you mentioned it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast