2020 trailer running lights & backup lights

Hi All,

Happy Holidays,

I was wondering if anyone knows the part numbers to the 2020 ranger trailer running lights. I wanted to add a couple more to each side of the trailer. If it matters I have the Ranger 212LS.

Also I wanted to add two additional backup lights to the trailer so I can see better when backing up but I was hoping to get recommendations from those of you that have them. I know the water proofing is important for the lights since they will be submerged when loading and unloading.

Thanks for your help,

Joe

I put a set of these on and it made a world of difference !!

https://www.amazon.com/Nilight-60001...s%2C255&sr=8-5
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

3. Member
    Wowser Mitch! Those lights are the Snizzle!
    Quote Originally Posted by wmitch2 View Post
    I put a set of these on and it made a world of difference !!

https://www.amazon.com/Nilight-60001...s%2C255&sr=8-5

4. Member
    Thank you wmitch2

Thanks Guys !! I just tapped into the backup lights and mounted them on the bunk brace. They really light up the ramp or the Garage and I can easily tell when my non-boater is backing my trailer down, lol !!
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms

6. Member
    Are you guys running these new trailer backup lights to their own on/off switch OR through your vehicle backup lights? I want to add a 7-pin trailer plug and add backup lights to the trailer but I'm concerned about running the extra load through my vehicle's transmission switch.

If you ran a relay for the transmission, how did you ground it? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by 8theB8 View Post
    Are you guys running these new trailer backup lights to their own on/off switch OR through your vehicle backup lights? I want to add a 7-pin trailer plug and add backup lights to the trailer but I'm concerned about running the extra load through my vehicle's transmission switch.

If you ran a relay for the transmission, how did you ground it? Thanks!
    No relay, just connected to my existing back up lights. If you have back up lights now, just tie into them. If you don't, but you have a reverse lock out on the brakes, you can tie into that wire. If you don't have either, then you can tie into the back up pin on your 7 pin connection on the truck and then add wire to the rear for the lights. The center pin are the back up lights
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms

8. Member
    Thanks for the reply.

I'm going to use the 7pin wire but my understanding is that doing so without a relay will send the extra load from the lights through my vehicle's transmission switch and potentially overload it and cause issues down the road. The optimal option is adding a relay at the tongue but I'm confused as to grounding it properly.

9. Member
    All you need is a 5-way flat and a 7 round adapter. Cut off the four-way flat put on the 5-way flat run the blue wire to the back of the trailer for your backup lights plug in your adapter then plug into 7-way on truck
    Wes

8theB8,
    Check your truck wiring diagram there is probably a relay in the circuit to carry the load of the reverse lights on the vehicle. On my 2008 F150, I added a 5 pin flat and spliced the blue wire into the reverse light circuit and ran it several years with no problem. I know This circuit is fused separately but I did not check for a relay.
    My current vehicle has a 7 pin round connector and I added an adapter to match the 5 pin flat on my trailer.
    It is important to note that these are LED lights so the amp draw will be minimized.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

I have these under each step in the back

Led lights

12. Member
    Appreciate the feedback, I will check more on the truck. 2019 F150. I had an 02 truck I added bumper reverse lights to and at just over 100k it started popping a fuse every time I switched into park. Was very frustrating. So maybe I'm just being overly cautious. This gentleman is the only one I've found that addresses the potential risk. He just doesn't detail how he wired the relay. Thanks again!

The video caused me to wonder if I was making a wrong assumption about the amp draw on the circuit so I hooked up to my trailer and checked it.
    My lights are Alpena 1600 Lumen LED. The amp draw is only 0.17 amp per light.
    You will note that I also have combination tail/turn/stop/reverse lights in the same circuit. The total circuit load was only 0.56 amps.

14. Member
    Those look awesome!! Thanks for the feedback...pretty sure I'm just over thinking it but better safe than sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by 8theB8 View Post
    Those look awesome!! Thanks for the feedback...pretty sure I'm just over thinking it but better safe than sorry!
    You can buy these at Walmart. I think they are called “LED Podlights”. I think they were about $22.00 each.

I have 2 of these on my trailer. I have 2 more smaller ones on my pick up. I have had them for 3 years without any problems. Since I don’t require the use of the center spade on my 7 way plug-in on my truck, the extra wires from my truck aux lights are wired to that ( blue wire) Lights for the trailer uses the same blue wire ( center hole) on the boats female end. 3 years, 4 aux lights plus 2 LED back up bulbs in the taillights so far no problems.

map to json online