Is there lodging?

Or good place to stay close to Rend.
    Thx

2. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    The resort has closed I believe. Motels in Mt Vernon probably best

3. Proud American Union local16's Avatar

I agree with staying in Mt Vernon
    Enjoying life in Southern Illinois

There's a newer motel at the corner of Rt 154 & Rt 37. Free ramp at sailboat harbor which is on the south side of 154 at Wayne Fitzgerald State Park. I've never stayed there but my nephew and his wife have and stated it was good. I've heard the crappie and bass have been active. I was out on Friday to check my rpms and it was rough with the winds hitting 15 mph. Max speed I could get to was 70.5 at 5750 rpm on a ProXS with 35 hrs on it.

BTW...does anyone know a Mercury dealer in so. IL, Cape or Paducah that will put it in the water and hook up a computer to tweak it. This thing should be running 60-6100 rpms?

6. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nikldac View Post
    There's a newer motel at the corner of Rt 154 & Rt 37. Free ramp at sailboat harbor which is on the south side of 154 at Wayne Fitzgerald State Park. I've never stayed there but my nephew and his wife have and stated it was good. I've heard the crappie and bass have been active. I was out on Friday to check my rpms and it was rough with the winds hitting 15 mph. Max speed I could get to was 70.5 at 5750 rpm on a ProXS with 35 hrs on it.

BTW...does anyone know a Mercury dealer in so. IL, Cape or Paducah that will put it in the water and hook up a computer to tweak it. This thing should be running 60-6100 rpms?
    Maybe Jett-A Marine. I bought my last boat there and was treated well.

7. Member
    The Sure Stay by Best Western is a pretty nice place. It has boat parking and hook ups to charge your batteries.
    Wes Smith
    1999 Ranger 519 DVS
    2011 RAM 1500

8. Member

Boat Works in Keyesport, Lake Carlyle, are Mercury dealers. The kids that own it are nice, but seem like they are always overwhelmed and behind (even before COVID) maybe they would have time to look at it this winter though. They are definitely close to your geographical area. Best of luck

Thanks for the replies. Talked with Jet-A-Marine and they are four weeks behind. I'll wait until better weather and run it down to them. I hate cold weather, so it's just sitting there until then. I live on Lake of Egypt and I'll wait until the temps are above 45 before.

The only guy I know that does that is DC Marine -Danny 815-671-3264 (I think that's still a good number) He is not that far south - but it's a one-time deal.

Mississippi River Pool 13
    Ranger R93 / Merc 200

11. Member
    Thanks for the replies. Talked with Jet-A-Marine and they are four weeks behind. I'll wait until better weather and run it down to them. I hate cold weather, so it's just sitting there until then. I live on Lake of Egypt and I'll wait until the temps are above 45 before.
    If your not making RPM's your prop pitch is the reason. Need to go down in pitch to increase RPM. But you lose hole shot torque.
    Please release me,let me go.