Crawler topwater

Hard to find info on this one and the search turned up dry. Anyone throwing these?
    I like Big Bass, I cannot lie

2. Member
    Crazy crawler was always in my box since I can remember. Few new versions out there. Great bait for night, along with a jitterbug.
    2019 Alumacraft 14.5 escape tiller "child support"
    2018 Ford fiesta "pistachio"
    1992 kawasaki zx11 "legend"

The original design was from Jim Donaly of Lake Hopatcong, NJ. He sold his patent to Heddon. I have an original Donaly that was given to me by one of the old boys of the lake, he knew everthing/History of the lake, great to sit and listen to.
    There was a completion in Sports afield for the greatest bass lure. Back in the 30s or 40s, the Donally won vs a lure from GA. Its an interesting article to read, just tried to find it on the web, but couldnt. Its out there some where.

4. Member
    Most crazy crawlers are sitting in a box somewhere and really not worth a lot. Guess I should fish them some

I know one thing: If there's a unique old lure out there and any of you has any special skills with wood working or fabricating otherwise, I'd get to work on it. The prices these "new baits" are going for from the Japanese tackle companies is insane. Not saying they're not super high quality, but it's nothing to see rehashes of that nearly 100 year old bait fetching $40 a pop! And most people don't realize it's a bait that's been around forever. (You're too late on the Jitterbug as that one's already being upscaled the same way.)

They still work, by the way. Cast them out, reel them in slowly.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360

7. Member
    Very nice Musky, is that you in uniform? Are those collected or fish worthy? I’m guessing collectible with the hook setups.

Thanks, Bill

Now those look sweet!
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360

Quote Originally Posted by Williep99 View Post
    Very nice Musky, is that you in uniform? Are those collected or fish worthy? I’m guessing collectible with the hook setups.

Thanks, Bill
    They're both collected, and fish worthy. I have a bit of a reputation in the musky world for building topwater lures, creepers in particular, and there's a long waiting list to get them.

That is General George S. Patton giving the crew a pre-season pep talk.

These are some of my personal baits that I have built, and use. A couple of them are well worn, and a few new ones. There is one in that photo that has caught well over 100 muskies, and another that has caught almost that many.

Creepers are probably my favorite musky lure. I've caught hundreds and hundreds of muskies on them, and creepers I have built and sold over the years have caught thousands.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    They're both collected, and fish worthy. I have a bit of a reputation in the musky world for building topwater lures, creepers in particular, and there's a long waiting list to get them.

That is General George S. Patton giving the crew a pre-season pep talk.

These are some of my personal baits that I have built, and use. A couple of them are well worn, and a few new ones. There is one in that photo that has caught well over 100 muskies, and another that has caught almost that many.

Creepers are probably my favorite musky lure. I've caught hundreds and hundreds of muskies on them, and creepers I have built and sold over the years have caught thousands.
    Very cool, keep at it.

11. Member
    Looks like ebay has quite a few crazy crawlers for sale. Prices not too bad.
    2019 Alumacraft 14.5 escape tiller "child support"
    2018 Ford fiesta "pistachio"
    1992 kawasaki zx11 "legend"