Mercury warranty extension

Looking for a good place to purchase an extension for my Pro XS 150. Warranty expires in April and the quote I got straight from Mercury was high. Emailed European Marine already, waiting on a reply back. Anywhere else I should contact ?

Thanks-
    John

2. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by fishyscent View Post
    Looking for a good place to purchase an extension for my Pro XS 150. Warranty expires in April and the quote I got straight from Mercury was high. Emailed European Marine already, waiting on a reply back. Anywhere else I should contact ?

Thanks-
    John
    I believe Mercury might quote full retail. If they don't they should to protect their dealers. Just a suggestion but you could try your local dealer where you might need service someday. The relationship might be better than saving a couple dollars. Especially when it comes to a breakdown in the middle of your season.
    Thank you,
    Ken
    (517) 543-6921 - Office
    (517) 930-2721 - Cell

3. Member
    Mercury was the one who gave me the hint to shop around. Waiting on a quote from my local also. I wish it was the matter of just a “couple” dollars. The price difference was substantial.

4. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by fishyscent View Post
    Mercury was the one who gave me the hint to shop around. Waiting on a quote from my local also. I wish it was the matter of just a “couple” dollars. The price difference was substantial.
    I did not notice before but your in Michigan. We work with several good dealers on your side of the state. You could try Freeway in Fenton, Grand Pointe (one store in Sterling Heights) or Anglers Marine in Taylor.
    Good luck.
    Ken

5. Member
    Thanks Ken, totally forgot about Freeway.

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Always good to support your local dealers- and/or one of the BBC Sponsors.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

7. Member

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Always good to support your local dealers- and/or one of the BBC Sponsors.
    Well said Don.

After a couple weeks of digging around you have the best price, I'll give you an email back and set up payment after the holiday..

Merry Christmas
    John

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Merry Christmas to you as well!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor