Question Boat mechanic around Lake Livingston

Hey guys I need a little assistance, I'll be moving from South Carolina to Texas in January and I am going to need to get my lower unit replaced when I get there. I was hoping to get it done before the move but it doesn't look like that is going to happen. I will be living near Lake Livingston and was hoping someone could recommend a reputable shop or mechanic in or around that area that I can take the boat to. Motor is a '97 Mercury 225 EFI, appreciate any help.

Quality marine in Onalaska, they are a mercury dealer, also a Tracker dealer.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzBait53 View Post
    Quality marine in Onalaska, they are a mercury dealer, also a Tracker dealer.

Thanks BuzzBait53

4. Member
    I had a terrible experience with Quality. I would take it to someone in Conroe.

5. Member
    I have had nothing but great experiences with Quality Marine. They have done work for me several times and am always pleased with the short time needed and repairs.

If you dont mind a drive take it to Master Watercraft in tomball. The owner Clayton, is very knowledgeable and has been in the business for a long long time.

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

7. Member
    Probably one of the better Mercury dealers around is Capt. Kirk's in Spring, but it doesn't take a lot of skill to change a lower unit.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ToledoBendChamp View Post
    Probably one of the better Mercury dealers around is Capt. Kirk's in Spring, but it doesn't take a lot of skill to change a lower unit.
    What he said

9. Member
    Come down HWY 59 and bring it to Bowden Marine in Humble these guys know Mercury Motors Better than most. They have been in the business for years.

10. Member
    Jordans Marine and pro fuel in Vidor the THE best on Mercury! Its about 90 mins to 2 hours from Livingston but more than worth the drive!
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

11. Member
    Make the drive to Mallard Marine. He will tell you when to be there and usually get it done right then. And the guy is the best I have used.

Damn.
    The feller coming from another state asking for a wrench around Livingston and y’all got him driving from west Houston to Vidor!

"ain't too smart.....but I'm always thinkin"

13. Member
    I appreciate all the input, unfortunately the boat has been put on hold for the time being. Lost a lifter in my truck day after we arrived from South Carolina so now I get to replace the engine in my truck!

14. Member
    You can call C&H Marina, they might be able to help.......Good Luck!!!