Float and fly baits

Any of you who use this technique, what baits do you use? Weight? Which brand/size float?

Want to try this but with almost all of the gear only available online I do not want to get a bunch of the 'wrong' stuff.

TIA

2. Member
    Get the bobs bobbers from punisher lures, itll save you a lot of headaches and getting the wrong stuff. I throw a 1/16 fnf jig 100% of the time. Cumberland pro and punisher both make them and im sure a lot of other companies do as well. I like duck feather with a touch of red, purple or chartreuse. Youre fishing a long way from me so you can play around with colors to see what works best for you. Get some tiny 3 way swivels. Tie your braid main line to one ring of the swivel, your 6lb fluoro leader to another ring, and clip the bobber to the other. I typically throw an 8-10’ leader. Ive had guys in the boat with me that try other setups to fish the fly and they usually wind up with a giant cluster and no fish. A good 9-10’ rod is suggested. I use 8 or 10lb fireline as my main line. The small diameter aids in casting and you dont need anything heavy when youre protecting a 6lb leader.
    They aint got hands, set the hook

3" Senko on a circle hook.
    Don't bother me, I'm screwing for virginity.

I killed a 12-pack just to watch it die.

4. Member
    If the original knuckles float n fly jigs are available, get them. Super sharp hooks, tough paint job and tied perfect. 1\16 oz should get it done. I just sold mine. Spro had some too.
    2019 Alumacraft 14.5 escape tiller "child support"
    2018 Ford fiesta "pistachio"
    1992 kawasaki zx11 "legend"

5. Member
    Get ready to catch some good ones & if you have striper there it will catch them too. You talking about a fight on light line , but if touches anything when you have a 10 to 15 lb. plus striper on you're rerigging pretty quick like.

6. Member
    Spro phat flies work great

7. Member
    Small hair jigs & also crappie jigs with heavier hook work pretty good too. You also can do a slip bobber rig instead of the 3 way swivel style.