What is this Switch??? CX18gts

This is on the bow. I thought it was for my anchor light but it doesn't turn it on or off. Is it an auxiliary switch that I could wire lights to??
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Sure looks like an anchor light switch. Are you sure it’s just not hooked up?

3. Member
    It says anchor light, I would guess they are not hooked up. Should be a simple task to make them work.

4. Member
    I think the main switch at the console has to be on for that one to work.

5. Member
    The one at the console has to be off if it was turned on first, other words turn the one off at the console and the lights on the bow will go off.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerRodney View Post
    The one at the console has to be off if it was turned on first, other words turn the one off at the console and the lights on the bow will go off.
    That worked! What is the purpose of this? Why would you only want to turn your anchor light on??

7. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    When fishing you should have it on by law this way you can kick it on and off if needed

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgthagins View Post
    That worked! What is the purpose of this? Why would you only want to turn your anchor light on??
    Same way on a Ranger, funny story on me behind this switch.

9. Member
    Usually at night, I have my bow navigation lights on as well as my anchor lights. Do you guys not do this and only leave your anchor light on?

10. Member
    If I'm fishing in a boat traffic area or running the big motor I will have both lights on, but if I'm fishing in a slew or against a bank I don't have any lights on. If I hear a boat in the distance on the move I light up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgthagins View Post
    Usually at night, I have my bow navigation lights on as well as my anchor lights. Do you guys not do this and only leave your anchor light on?