Huntingburg Lake

Anyone fish for Saugeye there? What do you use? Fish the bottom like you would for Sauger? What depth? What time of year? Just looking for info to get started.

Just looking for something different to try.

Never heard of it, where is it?

It is on the west side of Huntingburg. I fished it a few time's several year's ago for Bass didn't catch much. I new a guy several years ago who fished for Saugeye there. He said it was loaded with them. He also said they are great eating. It's only about 20 min from my house on State Hwy 64. not big but a pretty lake.

But I have no idea what or how to fish for them.
    SeaArk ZX200DC Mercury 115 FourStroke

Quote Originally Posted by repdept View Post
    It is on the west side of Huntingburg. I fished it a few time's several year's ago for Bass didn't catch much. I new a guy several years ago who fished for Saugeye there. He said it was loaded with them. He also said they are great eating. It's only about 20 min from my house on State Hwy 64. not big but a pretty lake.

But I have no idea what or how to fish for them.
    They’ll hit silver buddies. We catch them in river on rapalas and grubs.

5. Member
    Got a friend that comes up from Ohio River and fishes it a couple times a year for them. He does pretty good. It’s a sleeper that you don’t hear much about.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cevans View Post
    Got a friend that comes up from Ohio River and fishes it a couple times a year for them. He does pretty good. It’s a sleeper that you don’t hear much about.

Well tell your buddy to give us some info to get started! Lol

7. Member
    He makes his own and ties his own jigs. He is mostly a artificial bait fisherman. And he doesn’t ever elaborate on his fishing technics. Sorry.

8. Member
    I would think Walleye tactics would work on them. Jig & minnow, jig & leech or jig & crawler. I believe Walleye tend to go deep in the winter and stay close to the bottom.
    Last edited by BackLash625; 12-15-2020 at 06:55 AM.
    "Absence of Evidence does not mean Evidence of Absence."
    - Dr. Carl Sagan

9. Member
    I fish there quite a bit through the summer, catch a lot of them accidentally while bass fishing with baby brush hogs and speed worms on shakey heads. When we do go up and target them, we generally troll very slow around the west side of the lake from the dam to the causeway dragging 1/4 ounce road runners. like to see them just bounce off the bottom. When you start catching those tiny crappie you are dialed in and the saugeyes will be there. Usually 8-10 foot of water and not in the pockets.