Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by austinzx202 View Post
    I built mine with stuff I had kicking around the house. Used a old 101 maxxum trolling motor shaft, built a bracket that bolted up to the bottom holes of the ultrex and clamped around the maxxum shaft. Lucky my 360 was a fortrex/maxxum mount so I was able to just put it on my auxiliary shaft also. Built a direction arrow and fabed up a couple simple adapters to accept my 90 degree bit driver ran a short hyd. Hose with a t handle works very very good. Took me a min to figure it all out had to build a couple patterns on poster board and move stuff around a bit.

I’m making something similar with the 90* nut driver, what kind of hose did you attach to it that stiff enough to turn it without flexing? I’m racking my brain thinking about different options, Speedometer cables, throttle cables, 1/4 pex water line.

2. Member
    I used 5800psi 1/4” hydraulic hose

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by austinzx202 View Post
    I used 5800psi 1/4” hydraulic hose

Ahhhh, now I can tell that’s a hydraulic fitting. Thanks, that’s definitely stiff!

4. Banned
    Touch of class, Where can we buy? I want one.

5. Member
    Just had an idea, but no idea if it could even be implemented.

Have a trolling motor model where the outer tube continues on past the rotating tube. Mount ducer on it. Any time spot lock is engaged, the outer tube could be controlled by the foot pedal. You would then have to over ride the spot lock to regain control of the trolling motor head if you wanted out of spot lock.

6. Member
    I ordered this mount from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08B5MT1BG...ing=UTF8&psc=1

going to cut off the telescoping base and do some rigging, not 100% sure what I’m going to do yet but have a decent idea, and attach it into my accessory rail (I have the 45° Accessory rail, it’s an aluminum duck boat) for ease of removal. Should just have to remove two thumb screws and the hole mount comes out of the boat. Also going to make my own pole. As far as I can tell, it’s the same mount that SeeLite is using, or really close anyway, and should be able to make my own for a lot less money. Wont look exactly the same, but will still be very functional if things work out the way I think they will.

Also ordered a 30ah Amped Lithium battery to run my 93svUHD and black box. Going to put them both in a smaller anmo dry box, and route my wires from there. If it all works out the way I think it will, all I will have to do is disconnect wires out of the back of the graph, remove the pole from the mount, and everything can ride nice and comfortable in the truck for transport. No worries about anyone messing with my stuff if I have to stop for gas, etc on the way to and from the ramp, and will also have the ability to quickly get everything removed from my boat when duck season rolls back around. Really excited about this setup, and hope it works out the way I have it laid out in my head. I’ll try to remember to be sure and come back and update with pictures when I get everything installed.

7. Member
    Touch of Class,

Can these be purchased? If so where?

Thanks

8. Member
    Dash mount out of thin 1x1 tube an 2x2 angle an 11 gauge plate 533FC067-A931-43B1-B363-CBE4D4A0F028.jpeg

9. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar

Bringing this thread back up. I like the idea of Livescanner or similar poles but don't have the funds to drop on them (especially after $CDN conversion).

I have a Terrova so I was looking for a way to mount it where it could move independently of the motor shaft, and still be foot controlled. I thought about installing an old trolling motor as a dedicated mount, but didn't like the idea of a second mount drilled into my boat. Brainstormed a bit and think I have a pretty good solution. I'm still working out the finer details, but here's a sampler of what can be done. For now I'm going to leave it foot controlled (may add wireless remotes later, but I want my hands free to fish while scanning).

It will have separate pedals for CC and CCW rotation, variable speed, a pointer to indicate orientation of transducer and with the mounting "system" it can be moved from boat to boat, or from bow to transom.

Most of the parts are from Amazon and local box stores, and I'll be into it about $150 all said and done. I could have gone cheaper (and a cleaner pedal setup) if I ordered direct from Chinese suplliers, but I needed a project to keep me busy and didn't want to wait a month for delivery. I'll add details and more photos when I have some more time to put everything together.

20210326_125901.jpg

Well I got the rest of my parts in and have the full thing mocked up. Just need to get some marine wire and take a trip to where the boat is stored to figure out pole lengths and hook up the transducer. She sure isn't pretty but it should do the trick.
    https://youtube.com/shorts/1hKyaeuOMyM

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wakepics View Post
    Well I got the rest of my parts in and have the full thing mocked up. Just need to get some marine wire and take a trip to where the boat is stored to figure out pole lengths and hook up the transducer. She sure isn't pretty but it should do the trick.
    Looks great!

13. Member
    Being that I am in the electrical biz, I really like the materials you used!! But seriously, I like what you are creating and looking forward to more details!
    2004 Ranger 519VX
    Yamaha VMAX 200HP OX66

14. Member
    Pretty slick.
    Last edited by Les Young; 03-30-2021 at 08:38 PM.

15. Member
    Pretty slick. No idea why the double post.
    Last edited by Les Young; 03-30-2021 at 08:39 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123