Question Interference Issues

Hey guys,

Need some advice on some issues Im having with my front electronics. I have a Helix 7 at the bow and an 1199HD SI. I have the Helix connected to the transducer in my Ultrex and the 1199 connected to the transducer connected on my Ultrex. What Im getting is when I move the trolling motor pedal, I get interference and if the prop is running at all, its washes it out. I have to lower the contrast so low it basically makes it impossible to see anything of detail. I have both cables running along the cable from the pedal to the head. Is this creating the interference or is it the 2 transducers being too close together.

Also, getting ready to add a 360 Mega to the mix and run it on either a Helix 9 or 10. Is this going to create any issues?

Thanks for any responses. Just got this rig and trying to get all the bells and whistles running good before spring.

James

Having the trolling motor power cable and transducer cables parallel and against each other is a path for RFI. Some can get away with it if their motor is not broadcasting on the frequencies that the units use, in your case no.

Having transducers close enough that the sonar pulses on the same frequency overlap is called cross-talk, it's a sure thing with both transducers on the trolling motor. The Ultrex US2 transducer is 83/200 kHz, and the 1199ci HD SI Combo's 2D piezo is also 83/200 kHz.

Cross-talk and RFI are two different things.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Banned
    Ahh the holly grail of Humminbird and MinnKota pairing issues.
    There are a lot of postings on the subject of motor noise messing up the image of SI + DI
    Rewiring, chokes, grounding, and shielding, have been discussed and yet I have found there is no one way that works for all.
    Good luck with your quest, logically sequencing your trials and patience is key.
    Please post your results.

One thing is probable. If you are having this level of RFI prior to adding the 360, there's a pretty good chance you will certainly have it with the 360. Hopefully once you get your transducer wires away from the trolling motor cables, you will not have any issues.