Thread: Flo-Torq Hubs

Flo-Torq Hubs

Has anybody changed from the regular Flo-Torq hub to the Flo-Torq SSR to stop prop noise on a Pro XS V8 ? What were the results ?

2. Member
    I love the SSR hub on my 200 Pro XS 4 stroke.

Smooth engagement and quiet on my fat shaft 1.75 Torque Master Gen 2.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

The normal solid brass one with the rubber strips would tink around in my 4 blade furys, the 3 blades it fit snug. I didnt have alot of prop or gear case noise on my 2017. My new 4s v8 came with the ssr, and you gotta press that thing in and out or beat it out with a dead blow and a socket. I kinda wonder if the normal torq flow 2 (all plastic one) would work just to keep in a spare prop for the new V8, so you didnt have to buy a second solid hub kit at $120
    "the head, the tail, the whole damn thing"

4. Member
    I have the regular Flo-Torq hub ( i don't know the number ) on the Tempest Plus now and t makes a lot of noise when going from neutral to forward eve if I do it rapidly.

5. Member
    Real L do you have the forward cone bushing in it and torqued to 100 Lbs?

6. Member
    Boat is in storage right now. I will check in Spring. It is supposed to be torqued to 55 lbs.

first got the V8 I ran a couple of my old Promax props.. It had noticeable low speed vibration. tried a 5 blade Max 5 and the vibration was less. when I added the new hub vibration was gone.
    Also note that I have the R motor with solid mtr mounts that IMO will make the vibration more noticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Louie View Post
    The normal solid brass one with the rubber strips would tink around in my 4 blade furys, the 3 blades it fit snug. I didnt have alot of prop or gear case noise on my 2017. My new 4s v8 came with the ssr, and you gotta press that thing in and out or beat it out with a dead blow and a socket. I kinda wonder if the normal torq flow 2 (all plastic one) would work just to keep in a spare prop for the new V8, so you didnt have to buy a second solid hub kit at $120
    I just have the one -- after about 100 hours and swaping a few props the SSR comes out much easier

9. Member
    Unless they changed it the tempest with the forward cone washer torqes to 100 lb. unless you have the fat shaft.

10. Member
    I have the fat shaft