Thread: TPTW

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrasport80 View Post
    Skeeterator, good call, bought 10k shares of TSNP at .80 last week and it was 1.44 2 days later. I should have bought at .12 when you recommended it. Keep putting it putting it off and waiting and lost a ton, would have had 96000 shares. Better late than never. Also take a look at PVDG, bought 95k shares Friday at .03, closed at .044 that evening. Going to probably sell some of each Monday to lower the risk of holding these.
    You still holding PVDG? If so, congrats on the double up since you first posted about it. I should have popped some on Monday but of course I didn't lol.

2. Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    I know that you are running on free money, but with all due respect, have you looked at the EBITDA for PFMS? it is -1.150.
    hate tkk on say it but those type of indicators have zero bearing on this type of play.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by billybas View Post
    I have a question about this stock. But let me preface it with the fact that I have no real knowledge of how to invest wisely. I honestly consider my investing as gambling. I always have a few hundred dollars set aside when I want to invest in a stock. Long story short I always read this board and seen that a few guys jumped in on this stock and by end of day lost half of there investment. Now in my mind they thought it was a good enough stock to get in on but their timing was off. Being a degenerate gambler I seen an opportunity to get in on the dip and bought 3500 shares at .031. It's up to .085 and I feel like I should get out but have no reasoning other than I made a few hundred and that's good enough for me. For those that have invested in this stock... what do you think? Bail or hold?

Thanks for any help.
    I sold the majority of my position yesterday at 0.085, but that was my target number. It's important to have a strategy

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wicknilly View Post
    I sold the majority of my position yesterday at 0.085, but that was my target number. It's important to have a strategy
    Yes it is

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wicknilly View Post
    If you don't mind me asking...what determined your target number?. That is what I want to learn. how to figure out a number that I would be happy about making and then get out.

6. Member
    If you don't mind me asking...what determined your target number?. That is what I want to learn. how to figure out a number that I would be happy about making and then get out.
    Get your initial position out, and then don't get too greedy while milking it for all you can.
    I have no doubt that Bassmaster can give you a more tech explanation.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    You still holding PVDG? If so, congrats on the double up since you first posted about it. I should have popped some on Monday but of course I didn't lol.
    I've added to the PVDG, got 249k at .05 average. Looking for a nice run on it.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    Get your initial position out, and then don't get too greedy while milking it for all you can.
    I have no doubt that Bassmaster can give you a more tech explanation.
    Lol

You're right, the main part is don't be greedy, but also don't sell yourself short. You can look at several different things to determine your target. Look at previous tickers and see where they went roughly. For example, if you're playing a lazar custodianship, find one of his that has a similar share structure and go off of that for early pops. Of course depending on the R/M it can go anywhere at the end, but the initial pops (custodian assigned, etc.) are normally pretty close if SS is similar. You can look at history of the stock if it's ran in the past. Look at resistance and see where you think the run will stall. Check RSI and see where it normally resets at and go off of that. Company valuation, is good to determine book value, but share price doesn't always reflect that, especially in the OTC. Look at the sector and see what other similarly valued companies are at in comparison to company valuation. If you're flipping you can look at the amount you own and determine how much you want to make. Say a 15% flip on a swing, or a 3% daytrade, but that's normally in big board trades where you have a lot of funds to play with. In the OTC it's normally a swing of 100% or 1000% maybe and then a daily flip of say 20% maybe (or 100% sometimes). Really just whatever you think is worth your time AND reasonable/easy. You always want to be safe and not greedy if you play it like that. That's when your target becomes the most important I'd say because that's when it's the easiest to get caught up in hype and get greedy.

But in all honesty, if you trade enough, you just kind of get a gut feeling of where it will go. Sometimes you can look at a chart and what type of play it is and think "oh I've seen plenty of these run from .002 to .02 so I'm going to set an initial target to pay for my position at .0075, and then a sell at .009, .0014, etc. if you want to be safe. If not you could always adjust your target higher, just depending on how safe you want to be, how many shares you own/how easy it is to get out and buy shares back, and how long you want to hold it. It's normally good to sell before whole numbers, because normally they act as resistance. And you can watch and adjust that too. If the stock blows through this level, then I will hold until this level, or if the stock slows at this level, then I'll sell it all, wait for it to reset, and then buy back lower. Just don't get hung up in a run and hype and think every runner is going to $10 from trips.

9. Member
    Thank you Digthemup and Bassmaster96.
    That is a lot of technical Information but I will read it over a few times and research the meaning of the terms you used so I can get a better understanding of what it is you are telling me.
    I appreciate you guys taking the time to answer as I am aware of how much time and effort you put in to learning this stuff and passing it along to me.

10. Member
    Thank you Digthemup and Bassmaster96.
    That is a lot of technical Information but I will read it over a few times and research the meaning of the terms you used so I can get a better understanding of what it is you are telling me.
    I appreciate you guys taking the time to answer as I am aware of how much time and effort you put in to learning this stuff and passing it along to me.
    Anytime

11. Banned
    It varies by trade, but typically my sell limit is set to 2-4x what I risk (my stop)

12. Member
    Looks like you guys are going to get a pop here today

movement today

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron batson View Post
    movement today
    Good grief what kind of news did it get?

Quote Originally Posted by Bassmaster96 View Post
    Good grief what kind of news did it get?
    3.5. Billion over 5 years I think for services and products from a project in a foreign country. Sorry for lack of specific details. Debating if I should dump mine or see what happens?

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
    3.5. Billion over 5 years I think for services and products from a project in a foreign country. Sorry for lack of specific details. Debating if I should dump mine or see what happens?
    Interesting. It'd be hard for me to hold after that type of run up, because you know it will consolidate hard at some point, but who knows when...

17. Member
    Good gosh what a run. I told myself to buy a few minutes ago when it was 11% up....Could have had a 40% flip in 2 minutes

i was in at .02 for weeks - i gladly got out yesterday at .05

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron batson View Post
    i was in at .02 for weeks - i gladly got out yesterday at .05
    Yeah it's a dangerous one. I'd hate to hold it for long personally, but there is still money to be made I think.

I dumped my shares just a tick under .06 earlier today. Happy to take some profit and move on.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast