Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Moderator
    My boat is snowed in. I have a dirt ramp down to where I store it. Done for the season. Good luck today and let us know how you did.

Went and checked out a couple ponds yesterday and 2 this morning. To much ice unfortunately. Looks like I may be done for the season also.
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

If it makes you all feel better, water is 41-43 in Virginia!
    Wishing I was Fishing

No, no it doesn't.
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

5. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    Well got out with my grandson, and hit the lake water was 41 a lot warmer than I thought but still couldn't buy a bite . My grandson got one bite but missed it I threw jerkbaits ,cranks ,spinnerbaits, jig even a C-rig with a small worm on it even dead sticked a senko....nothing ,stayed about 3 1/2 hours and called it a day, had a birthday party family thing but was nice to get out on Dec 13th ,hopefully not the last time but you never know this is New England ...lmao
    Last edited by twitch; 12-14-2020 at 05:02 AM.
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

Nothing wrong with that Al. A good Birthday indeed.

Similar result to Twitch, but wind blown North shore 54 degrees, 43 mid lake on Johns.

Finally put the winter cover on the boat with real snow being forecasted .. still have some open water here but the short daylight hours are what make me put it to sleep for a few months .. might venture out with the bass raider if we get anymore good days

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryT View Post
    Finally put the winter cover on the boat with real snow being forecasted .. still have some open water here but the short daylight hours are what make me put it to sleep for a few months .. might venture out with the bass raider if we get anymore good days
    Just did the same, but I have a nice little temporary setup that's easy to put up and take down. May take this weekend off but I'm aiming to keep going out in the boat until the middle of January, or later. So long as the weather cooperates, I'll be out in the boat. I want to make this the shortest winter off that I can, but we'll see. Makes it harder when I can only fish on Sunday's for the most part.

Got a nice ice fishing insulated float suit coming soon, so that will make it easier for being out there in the cold weather, and safely. Just need to get a good travel cover for the boat to keep the inside clean, the last trip home from Vermont was not kind to it...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12