Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Did Powerpole scrap the trolling motor project?

I was seeing chatter and buzz but I guess it has been so long people have given up on it or did they quit with it?

2. BBC SPONSOR
    No....it’s coming

3. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Astyle954 View Post
    I was seeing chatter and buzz but I guess it has been so long people have given up on it or did they quit with it?
    they did not quit with it, NO. Corona virus got them behind like most companies.. It was out being tested on boats this summer... from what ive seen and heard it will be worth the wait.
    Last edited by KandKKustomz; 12-07-2020 at 02:45 PM.

4. Member
    Any clues as to what’s going to make it worth the wait? I’m in the market for a TM, I need a long shaft (don’t we all) and I’m only going to buy new if it’s brushless, rated for saltwater and 36v. Am I in the ballpark?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokeyr67 View Post
    Any clues as to what’s going to make it worth the wait? I’m in the market for a TM, I need a long shaft (don’t we all) and I’m only going to buy new if it’s brushless, rated for saltwater and 36v. Am I in the ballpark?
    Yes you are..... 80"+ I heard titanium floating around
    NPAA #803

6. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Im not at liberty to discuss details at this time, soon as I am BBC will be first to know I promise.
    Last edited by KandKKustomz; 12-07-2020 at 03:21 PM.

7. Member
    Any idea when you may be at liberty to discuss this closely guarded secret? Within the next month would be great.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach440 View Post
    Yes you are..... 80"+ I heard titanium floating around
    If the shafts titanium, I don’t have enough kidneys left to pay for it ��

9. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Any idea when you may be at liberty to discuss this closely guarded secret? Within the next month would be great.
    lol.. when powerpole says we can discuss it then we can. Best answer I can give at this time.

10. Member
    Dammit, looks like I’ll just have to hire a couple of kids and give them a paddle each until PP pull their finger out, MK give us something brushless, Garmin extends the shaft, or Lowrance...Nah, not going Lowrance, mean a man must have standards ��

11. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Dammit, looks like I’ll just have to hire a couple of kids and give them a paddle each until PP pull their finger out, MK give us something brushless, Garmin extends the shaft, or Lowrance...Nah, not going Lowrance, mean a man must have standards ��
    il I'll say this much from what i know I think the Powerpole trolling motor will be everything your looking for and then some. It will check alot of Boxes

12. Member
    Cool, in the meantime, do you have any spare children I could rent? I’ll feed them, make them bathe, brush their teeth and all that twaddle, as long as they can use a paddle and triangulate a position.

13. Banned
    #gamechanger

14. mikesxpress
    To date your only option for a foot pedal controlled 36VDC TM that can be used in saltwater is the Motorguide. Use in saltwater for any of the other TM recent releases voids the warranty.

This ain't no game and nothing is changing.

15. BBC SPONSOR
    It is no secret JL-Marine (Power Pole) has been chiseling away at there unit for some time now. I am sure too long for some of us. I will just say this and yep it's JMO. JL- Marine has always been a pioneering company. They design and continue to refine their product line over the years all while continuing to grow and develop new industry leading technology and products. When JL releases a new product it is done right and ready to be put to the test. They do not release product prematurely then deal with it as needed via warranty repairs etc. The CHARGE unit took a while to develop however once released it has quickly become the go to charger for those applications which demand huge amounts of battery draw. Does the CHARGE unit fit every application.. Nope... In some applications it is simply overkill.. But the CHARGE has definitely found its place and fills a void. We no longer are asking too much of batteries with a charger that is able to maintain them throughout the day

Like their anchor and battery charger, the release of the trolling motor is just the same. Power Pole has in my opinion taken the time to look at the TM industry from a different angle. Each and every trolling motor manufacturer has seemed to mirror each other for the most part... When JL Marine releases its trolling motor the market will continue to see what makes JL Marine unique. Will this trolling motor be the perfect fit for everyone.. Certainly not... Will the trolling motor change the game... I find it hard to believe that other TM companies are going to scrap what they have designed and start all over from ground zero and that is exactly what they would have to do in order to match what Power Pole is releasing.

Over the years of development JL-Marine has listened to the voices of anglers and has designed a trolling motor that no doubt is going to make a mark and fill a long standing void in both fresh and saltwater markets.

Without a doubt I know what unit will be bolted to the bow of my boat.
    Last edited by Hydrilla Gear; 12-08-2020 at 05:21 PM.

16. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Well said Rich, #1 coming into us has already been committed to the bow of my personal boat

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    To date your only option for a foot pedal controlled 36VDC TM that can be used in saltwater is the Motorguide. Use in saltwater for any of the other TM recent releases voids the warranty.

This ain't no game and nothing is changing.
    Garmin warrant the Force for saltwater, but I think I'm going to need something longer than 57 inches (said the actress to the bishop).

18. Member
    I heard it’s gas powered.

19. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyeggroll View Post
    I heard it’s gas powered.
    lmao... ya no

Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    lmao... ya no
    Solar?
    There was a time that I didn't fish but I cannot remember it.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast