Thorium, it’s gotta have a thorium reactor

Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    lmao... ya no
    I heard it is pure Unobtainium!

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

Quote Originally Posted by Smokeyr67 View Post
    Any idea when you may be at liberty to discuss this closely guarded secret? Within the next month would be great.
    two weeks
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

Hydrogen Powered. haha
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

5. BBC SPONSOR
    All the above is debunked information...

I have seen it.

I have used it.

EmDrive

6. Member
    I'm pretty sure it uses a Mr. Fusion. 1.2 Gigawatts.

7. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by tdt91 View Post
    two weeks
    lol..must have some info I dont have .

lol..must have some info I dont have .
    It's from the charger forum, they were making a champ 196? And it was just two weeks for probably 30 months.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

9. Member
    I am hoping that a trolling motor company finally figures out that there needs to be a motor that will spotlock at the bow and a second fixed trolling motor mounted sideways on the back that only has forward and reverse making the back of your boat move left or right to keep the rear of the boat from swinging around in wind and sometimes current. It would be mounted on the main engine shaft above the propeller and would be out of the water while on plane. I have talked about this for years and I have received a lot of blank looks. But the same people talk about the importance of boat positioning. Now that there is Livescope imagine being able to lock your boat down in 40 feet of water, pointed directly at that submerged standing timber, and not ever have the back end start swinging around. We are still in the dark ages when it comes to boat control... but will JL Marine save us?

10. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Oregonbass12 View Post
    I am hoping that a trolling motor company finally figures out that there needs to be a motor that will spotlock at the bow and a second fixed trolling motor mounted sideways on the back that only has forward and reverse making the back of your boat move left or right to keep the rear of the boat from swinging around in wind and sometimes current. It would be mounted on the main engine shaft above the propeller and would be out of the water while on plane. I have talked about this for years and I have received a lot of blank looks. But the same people talk about the importance of boat positioning. Now that there is Livescope imagine being able to lock your boat down in 40 feet of water, pointed directly at that submerged standing timber, and not ever have the back end start swinging around. We are still in the dark ages when it comes to boat control... but will JL Marine save us?
    sh*t out of luck im afraid.. and yet another blank look... we shall I guess remain in "the dark ages" ..
    Last edited by KandKKustomz; 02-09-2021 at 09:24 AM.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    To date your only option for a foot pedal controlled 36VDC TM that can be used in saltwater is the Motorguide. Use in saltwater for any of the other TM recent releases voids the warranty.

This ain't no game and nothing is changing.
    The Ulterra has a foot pedal as an option (if I’m reading the MinnKota site correctly)

WHY is this a top secret, CIA classified material? You're building a trolling motor not another Manhattan Project......

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrilla Gear View Post
    All the above is debunked information...

I have seen it.

I have used it.

EmDrive
    Some of it is correct, or at least a little.

I used one fishing not long ago. The thing was completely silent (when I say this I mean you had to check it was on)and we snuck up on fish we never would have using my minn kota. When they send out the first units I hope to get my hands on one as its one of those things that truly gives you an advantage
    2007 Sterling 22xs-Yamaha 250-Dual 10 foot blades-Ipilot-Bobs Jack plate-HDS 8 (SOLD)
    2016 Sterling 220XS: (SOLD)
    2008 SCB Topcat 250 XS (SOLD)
    Current:
    2014 SCB Stingray Sport Merc 300XS
    2018 ES Custom Revolution 25 Merc 400R

14. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by linesider 159 View Post

I used one fishing not long ago. The thing was completely silent (when I say this I mean you had to check it was on)and we snuck up on fish we never would have using my minn kota. When they send out the first units I hope to get my hands on one as its one of those things that truly gives you an advantage

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by linesider 159 View Post

So, it’s either brushless or hand cranked....

16. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokeyr67 View Post
    So, it’s either brushless or hand cranked....
    can already tell you its brushless thats not top secret, however id dare to say it quieter then any other brushless motor currently on the market or so Ive heard. I haven't used one yet myself like linesider or Rich at Hydrilla.

they did not quit with it, NO. Corona virus got them behind like most companies.. It was out being tested on boats this summer... from what ive seen and heard it will be worth the wait.
    Certainly respect what you can or cannot speak to but like many, I’m in the market for a spot lock capable unit and am very close to a decision on the MG Tour Pro for the simple reason it will function as a standard cable steer even if the technology stuff fails. Reading the trolling motor forum here would almost convince you NOT to buy one and I’m hopeful the MG is an exception.
    I’m very interested in the PowerPole TM and would be willing to wait on it; however, if it’s way above the $3k price point, it’s likely out of reach for me and maybe others. At any point it’s permissible to speak to a general price point, that would help a lot of us hold for it or move on to what is in our price range.

18. Member
    Such a waste of time.

The Charge is too expensive for what it does and if it is indicative of the Power Pole business model, most of us aren't gonna be able to afford their trolling motor either. COVID might have set them back on their project, but it sure as heck set plenty of us back too.

IF Power Pole has a trolling motor it would be smart to come out with a model that can offer spot lock at around $1,000 while also having a high end "game changer" model. It would sell better than beer and pretty much corner the market. Instead it's gonna have some feature like being "super quiet" even though people are running three loud transducers all at once, plus live well pumps, a Hydrowave, a stereo, and who knows what else. Or Titanium bits and pieces that pretty much none of us care about. I have a decades old Motor Guide that still works fine. Don't need brushless, don't need Titanium, don't need whisper quiet.

1993 Bullet 20XD
    2000 Mercury ProMax 225

19. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    If I knew I would certainly tell you trust me, price point hasnt been discussed at all.

20. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by eh2000 View Post
    Such a waste of time.

The Charge is too expensive for what it does and if it is indicative of the Power Pole business model, most of us aren't gonna be able to afford their trolling motor either. COVID might have set them back on their project, but it sure as heck set plenty of us back too.

IF Power Pole has a trolling motor it would be smart to come out with a model that can offer spot lock at around $1,000 while also having a high end "game changer" model. It would sell better than beer and pretty much corner the market. Instead it's gonna have some feature like being "super quiet" even though people are running three loud transducers all at once, plus live well pumps, a Hydrowave, a stereo, and who knows what else. Or Titanium bits and pieces that pretty much none of us care about. I have a decades old Motor Guide that still works fine. Don't need brushless, don't need Titanium, don't need whisper quiet.
    sure do sell a ton of "something thats to expensive for what it does". People said the same about a 16 dollar chatterbait but if your not throwing one your missing out, and they have sold a $hitload of them. Technology certinly isn't for everyone and nobody is forcing you to buy. Hell Charger has ass heaters in there seats.. needed on a bass boat , nope. Nice to have on a brisk morning? Yup. Is there people out there willing to pay for it. Yup...
    Last edited by KandKKustomz; 02-10-2021 at 06:32 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast