Thread: 189 Trx storage

189 Trx storage

Picking up my 189 trx on Saturday and the only thing I didn’t like when I looked at it was the size and shape of the front deck middle storage compartment. More the shape. I wish it had some kind of dividers. How do you guys organize your tackle? It seems like plastic tackle holders would just get tossed around.

2. Member
    That front center storage is pretty lame, it's just a big bathtub. Some people on here gave me some helpful tips which I followed and it helps. First, I bought some none skid backing cut it to fit and glued it to the bottom, then I bought a cheap curtain rod and attached it in front of my plano boxes. It works pretty well, they stay put. Enjoy your boat, I think you will like it.m7Yoxk7EQuO0oHghDUfQlg.jpg

3. Member
    Great usage of your space.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

4. Member
    I put together four 8×12 plastic storage containers. Makes for a nifty filing like system for my soft plastics. In front of that I have a binder of ned plastics along with a spinnerbait box and a small box of things I need regularly (superglue, some replacement hooks, handfull of weights ect) some extra life jackets and another storage container that keeps extra line and a bag of stuff to repair eyes. I use some bungee cord to hold my net to the bottom of the lid but I need to figure out a better system cause more often than not my net ends up falling into the bottom or worse moving to where it jams up the lid. LOL

5. Member
    hmm, I like this thread. I'm going to try and figure something out to organize that space well. However, I'd love to see what more of you did to utilize that compartment.

6. Member
    I made a rack that holds the 3700 style boxes with 2 small storage trays on the sides for small items. It holds 11 large size boxes and 6 small size. I’ve been using it for 2 years now and it’s really helped me to stay organized. I would post a picture but I’ve never been able to figure out how on this site
    2016 Triton 18 TRX
    200 Mercury Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by chatabass View Post
    That front center storage is pretty lame, it's just a big bathtub. Some people on here gave me some helpful tips which I followed and it helps. First, I bought some none skid backing cut it to fit and glued it to the bottom, then I bought a cheap curtain rod and attached it in front of my plano boxes. It works pretty well, they stay put. Enjoy your boat, I think you will like it.m7Yoxk7EQuO0oHghDUfQlg.jpg
    This is more or less how i have mine. It works well but the shape of it is odd. Makes it very difficult to install any type of organizer for tackle trays.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 13tzx190 View Post
    I made a rack that holds the 3700 style boxes with 2 small storage trays on the sides for small items. It holds 11 large size boxes and 6 small size. I’ve been using it for 2 years now and it’s really helped me to stay organized. I would post a picture but I’ve never been able to figure out how on this site
    email the picture to enfuego_17@yahoo.com and I'll post it.

9. Member
    5DDA3216-2035-4BEE-AF6F-47A4CBB31367.jpegHere’s mine. 1/4 and 3/4 oak plywood scraps painted gray. The 2 sides are not connected, just kept apart by the tackle trays. 3700s (x13)down the center, behind them are a few seldom used Plano bags. On the right side 3 more 3700 and I keep extra line in front of that. On the left I have 4 small Plano speed bags, and a spinner bait box in front of that. Exercise mat on the bottom to quiet things down.

Ya the storage is strange in this boat but this is what I have done and so far for 2 years its been great! I did put a foam bottom in the compartment.38C6C0DF-FA09-4D39-8746-96B3F562CBE8.jpeg
    Triton 18xs w/150 Pro XS
    Ultrex 80lb.
    LIVE 12's
    LIVE 9
    POINT 1
    ACTIVE TARGET
    IONIC 125Ah

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by me_fisherman View Post
    email the picture to enfuego_17@yahoo.com and I'll post it.

email sent.
    2016 Triton 18 TRX
    200 Mercury Pro XS

12. Member
    Here is the picture of what 13tzx190 did. I love it. What did you make it out of. I was going to try and find some sheets of thin plastic or maybe plexiglass.

TRX Storage.jpg
    2017 Triton 18 TRX
    2017 Evinrude 200
    80 lb Ultrex, Helix 9 at console, Helix 9, Helix 7 and 360 at bow
    2 Minn Kota Raptors

13. Member
    Not as nice as some of the others but it was inexpensive and works on my tr186. It's a small bungie netting you see people use to strap helmets and packages on bikes and motorcycles. About $8.00 and 15 mins to install.

IMG_6087.jpeg
    07 Triton Tr186, 150 Optimax