Thread: Tracker SS prop

Tracker SS prop

I have a 2015 txw 175 with a 4 stroke 60 horsepower. I have a stock black Max 10x14 pitch prop and did 35mph with GPS at 6100 RPM on my test run. To hit the 5500-6000 RPM target I was thinking about going up to a 15 pitch SS prop. I’m looking to pick up some more top speed on a 3 blade prop. Is anyone else running the 14 or 15 pitch SS prop and what are your recommendations. Also any links available to where your purchased your prop? I’m currently looking at this vengeance prop.

https://www.generalpropeller.com/48-...xoC34kQAvD_BwE

Here are The recommendations from deep blue yacht supply were: https://www.deepblueyachtsupply.com/...49?fltr=7%7C15

Thanks for the help.

2. Member
    I doubt you would be able to turn a 15" stainless prop to max rpm with that motor, and it would be very slow to plane. Most people with the 60 HP motor on that boat run a 13" pitch stainless prop, the 13-14" aluminium Spitfire is popular as well, also 35 MPH is excellent for a 60 HP you aren't going to get much more than that unless you get a larger motor.

3. Member
    See if you can borrow one before you buy. I'm thinking that the 15" inch is too much prop for that 60. With that being said, find a ss with the same pitch, I think you'll like it. SS helped my hole shot and it kept my top end. And, you're doing good at 35 for that boat and motor.

4. Member
    Thanks for replies. I can get a 15 pitch aluminum off Amazon to test out and return if it doesn’t change anything. Otherwise I will look into a SS 14”. I thought 6100 rpm was too much after research and increasing the pitch or moving that over to SS would drop it a little.

35mph was with just me in the boat and light tackle. With 2 grown adults it was more like 33mph. It would be nice to get a few more mph out of top end.

5. Member
    You would want to drop a pitch due to there being no flex in the stainless blades. If you are worried about too many RPM's then I would go with a stainless 14P, your RPM's should drop around 200-250 rpm's.