Trolling motor pick

I have a 2007 175 TXW and I hate the trolling motor on it now. It's a motorguide that has no adjustment for the shaft tension. It just wants to turn right every time you let up on the pedal. I've researched it to death and the only "fix" is that "troll right" rubber device that you put on the shaft. That may fix the turning but I still want better. I don't want to go to a 24 or 36 volt motor. I don't fish current of wind. The one one there moves the boat fine but I want to set a heading and let the motor keep it. I also like the GPS anchor option. I'm looking at a
    Minn Kota Terrova Freshwater Bow-Mount Trolling Motor with 54-Inch Shaft, and i-Pilot GPS (12-Volt, 55-Pound)

It doesn't have a foot pedal but comes with a remote. Am I reading this right? Will this hold a position and also hold a heading? I don't want to make a mistake.
    https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...3L785S8V&psc=1

2. Banned

3. Member
    Thanks but that's a different style. Mine doesn't have any way to tension it. I've looked in the head and the foot unit. If you Google mine, everybody bitches there is no adjustment. It's going to a new home. I want a better one anyway.

4. Banned
    I understand that

Quote Originally Posted by tngw1500se View Post
    Thanks but that's a different style. Mine doesn't have any way to tension it. I've looked in the head and the foot unit. If you Google mine, everybody bitches there is no adjustment. It's going to a new home. I want a better one anyway.
    This was made for that:

G-FORCE Troll Perfect Trolling Motor Control Enhancer | Steering Torque Control - T-H Marine Supplies
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

6. Member
    I saw those. Looks like it would solve the "self turning" issues with a little tinkering on the clamps from time to time. I'll pass that info along to my Son-In-Law, who (according to my daughter) is going to be the proud new owner of this fine piece of modern day engineering after I remove it. So far, I've been the lone captain, passenger and crew on my vessel so it will have autopilot and spot lock. I don't really want to have to be operating the trolling motor while fighting a fish or making a cup of coffee and any funds "left over" when I "pass away", would (in my opinion) have served me better, if I had spent them on myself while I'm still alive, so it's getting replaced ;)

7. Banned
    Last pair of pants won't have pockets.

8. Member
    I ended up going with the Minn Kota Terrova Freshwater Bow-Mount Trolling Motor with 54-Inch Shaft, and i-Pilot GPS (12-Volt, 55-Pound). It seems to move the boat around just fine. I'm getting almost 2.5 MPH on 10. I don't have to put the shaft down all the way. Could have probably went with a 48" but I like it sticking up some so I can see it better and it gives it some room to wrap up the cord. It tore my elbow up getting to the nuts underneath. If I did it again, I'd cut the hole larger but it worked and I'll heal. Glad I don't work out. If my arm was thicker, I'd have dialed 911 to get loose. LOL!

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post
    Last pair of pants won't have pockets.
    Front or back?

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tngw1500se View Post
    Front or back?
    Either so enjoy while you can