Thread: Lost on Eufala

Lost on Eufala

Gentlemen,

I am stationed here at Rucker for about 9 more months and have recently started taking more trips to Eufala (I have a bass boat). Lest three trips out I have caught 1 short and one walleye so as you can imagine I'm pretty lost in the sauce right now. I am by no means a pro but I haven't seen this kind of slump in quite some time. I have been fishing lower lake and mid lake up to the bridges, not one shallow bite, I can only seem to get bites off of three specific brush piles in 12 FOW. Water temp is down to 58-60 today and I couldn't find baitfish where I was. Any tips for what's catching some fish about now so I can enjoy my time in Alabama would be awesome, just post it here or shoot me a message thank you!

2. Member
    First of all, thank you for your service. I don't have much experience on Eufala, but I would try up the lake/river this time of year. As long as the water temp stays above 50, I would keep a reaction bait in my hand, lipless crank, chatterbait, etc. Be careful on Eufala, it's difficult to run with the water down and is flat out dangerous when the wind gets up.

3. Member
    Thanks! I will make a trip up to the north end and river soon then.

4. Member
    From one vet to another, I live in Florida, but went to Eufala a few months ago and had some really good days with some nice fish. I stayed at Lakepoint State Park. From the boat ramp, head just east towards the main lake about 200-300 yards from boat ramp, and fish the north side, there is a good bank there with heavy cover. I flipped that heavy hyacinths and fished the points in some of the small dollar weed patches. You will need a heavy tungsten weight to penetrate the cover, but I caught a ton of fish. In the scattered dollar pads late in the evening I caught them on a skinny dipper. Mind you, this was back in the summer. Good luck my friend

5. Member
    Thank you I really appreciate the help!