Team Marine Over/Under on 205 and Predator

The series from Team Marine is not for everyone- I understand some may not like the guy. They did an over/under on Falcon. I more interested in his overall impression of the boat and quality vs. $s feedback.

Just another reason why a F205 is the top contender for my next boat - looking to order in the spring. I may have ?s for the Falcon guys here soon!

Sam

2022 Falcon F20 TE Hybrid - 250 Mercury Pro XS
    Not a pro - barely an average Joe!

2. Banned
    I love LOVE the value of the F205. My only complaint with the entire boat is the carpet under the seats. That carpet gets so nasty dirty and is a PITA to clean.

Under that carpet is an aluminum panel covering the fuel tank. I think if I bought one I'd pull that panel, remove the carpet and have it powder coated. That way you can just hose it off.

3. Member
    Do your seats not fold up? Under my seats I have zero issue and they rarely ever get dirty under them....bottoms of my seats fold forward and can sweep right out if need me.....thats odd.
    2019 Falcon 215 Yamaha Sho 250, Lithiums, X2, Poles, Ultrex, Birds, Mega 360 & Livescope.

Previous-2017 Falcon 205 Evinrude G2 250HO, Lithiums, Poles, Ultrex, Birds and 360.

4. Member
    Not a huge fan of that guy's style, but I did watch the entire video. I agree with most everything he says (however Falcon did post something on FB saying he got some of the price calculations wrong).

Every time I needed to talk to Falcon I either got Steven or the head builder Opie. Lisa and Ashley at the desk are also very pleasant to talk to. Just really amazing customer service. No reason for me to look at any other manufacturers for my next boat.

5. Member
    team marine quoting prices from manufacturer, real world prices or just suggested retail?? seemed to be very high on all brands compared to real world pricing??
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    team marine quoting prices from manufacturer, real world prices or just suggested retail?? seemed to be very high on all brands compared to real world pricing??
    I agree.....their quoted base price seems high.

A quick google shows prices much lower. For example this one is only $60,000, which I consider a decent price for a 20 footer nowadays. It comes with an Ultrex as well and other knick knacks.

7. Banned
    Their quote price included dual 12" units, dual 10" units, dual power poles, precision sonar mounts.

Not standard equipment at all.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post
    Their quote price included dual 12" units, dual 10" units, dual power poles, precision sonar mounts.

Not standard equipment at all.
    I thought they were operating with the assumption of a base price of 73k. Maybe I heard wrong.

9. Member
    It was base price plus adders as Riccochet mentioned above.....pretty much a tournament loaded, drop in the water and go rig. Still a great price for a rig with that many features.

10. Banned
    I'm pretty certain the base price on the F205 is $59,999. That's with no additional equipment.

11. Banned
    I'm pretty certain the base price on the F205 is $59,999. That's with no additional equipment.
    They must have added the "yankee upcharge". It clearly stated 73k as a base

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Almag6 View Post
    They must have added the "yankee upcharge". It clearly stated 73k as a base
    Yeah, I don't know what the hell kind of pricing they received. I've been in talks with a local Falcon dealer for a year. F205's MSRP is $60k. You can typically find them for less. That's bone stock as it comes from the factory. The F20 Predator is just over $70k stock.

Not a damn chance in hell I'd pay $73k for a bone stock F205. It's a nice boat, but not $73k kind of nice.

13. Member
    Yeah, I don't know what the hell kind of pricing they received. I've been in talks with a local Falcon dealer for a year. F205's MSRP is $60k. You can typically find them for less. That's bone stock as it comes from the factory. The F20 Predator is just over $70k stock.

Not a damn chance in hell I'd pay $73k for a bone stock F205. It's a nice boat, but not $73k kind of nice.
    For sure, but a good deal for $60k and below, given their standard options.

14. Member
    He did not ask for a BOX STOCK boat......he stated many times he asked for upgrades to graphs and other things......as well Falcon put out a Facebook post addressing it....

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shooter66 View Post
    He did not ask for a BOX STOCK boat......he stated many times he asked for upgrades to graphs and other things......as well Falcon put out a Facebook post addressing it....
    We're well aware he asked for a bunch of options to load it out. The language he used was still confusing, because I believe he used the term "base price" multiple times. To me, "base price" means what Riccochet and I interpret it as, a price without any add ons. However, what he really meant was with the Helix 10s, poles etc. So his terminology was confusing, that's all. I think now everyone is clear what was meant