Livescope Pole System that can withstand 5 MPH

I would like to use my Livescope system to search for fish and brush as fast as 5 miles per hour. I currently use the Fishing Specialties pole but the mount lets it oscillate if you move too fast through the water. Was thinking about that bicycle clamp frame (available from Amazon) but still using the Fishing Specialties pole.

2. Member
    What clamp are you looking at? I'm in the same boat at the moment.

3. Member
    Is the Fishing specialties pole set up the original cone drop in mount or the round with square/flat sides?

1" or 1-1/4" pole?

Do you scan at 5mph with the transducer aimed straight ahead or 90 degrees to travel direction?

4. Dustin Ray
    Thebassboatladder.com has a very sturdy mount. Currently building a new mount for the Garmin Force.

5. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    I use my www.thelivescanner.com all the time at 5-10 mph scanning while sitting in my driver seat

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ParDeus View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/Venzo-Bicycle...s%2C211&sr=8-9

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post
    I use my www.thelivescanner.com all the time at 5-10 mph scanning while sitting in my driver seat
    I use a Terrova trolling motor so will need mount that is separate from trolling motor.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeF View Post
    Is the Fishing specialties pole set up the original cone drop in mount or the round with square/flat sides?

1" or 1-1/4" pole?

Do you scan at 5mph with the transducer aimed straight ahead or 90 degrees to travel direction?
    Original cone mount with Fishing Specialties. I want to be able to use my GT54 for the Side Vu because it is clearer than the SideVision on my RM Axiom 12. I would like to look forward as well as scan to the side. I am worried that the bike clamp versions will rust in the outdoors.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dustinray View Post
    Thebassboatladder.com has a very sturdy mount. Currently building a new mount for the Garmin Force.
    I had one of these on an Ultrex and it would probably do what you’re looking to do.

10. Member
    Allboard mounts are made to last. Easily you can troll at 5 mph with one.
    Don Blume

2018 Ranger Z520C
    2018 Mercury 250 Pro XS 2B525775 2-Stroke

Past Rigs
    2008 Triton Tr186 with Mercury 175 Pro XS
    2000 Ranger R73 with Mercury 125
    1976 Basscat with 150 Mercury

11. Member
    Original cone mount with Fishing Specialties. I want to be able to use my GT54 for the Side Vu because it is clearer than the SideVision on my RM Axiom 12. I would like to look forward as well as scan to the side. I am worried that the bike clamp versions will rust in the outdoors.

May need to up the game to the newer type insert and probably the larger shaft.

The cone insert is prone to moving a lot while under way. Works fine at 2mph or less.

The other problem is when the larger transducers are turned perpendicular to travel direction, they tend to grab a lot of water and start bouncing around.

Just like all problems in fishing, you just need to spend more money.!! LOL

Good Luck

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ParDeus View Post
    I just ordered the Venzo bike clamp from Amazon. I plan on using my Fishing Specialties pole with it. If it doesn’t work, it can be returned to Amazon! I will keep you informed.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aero320 View Post
    I just ordered the Venzo bike clamp from Amazon. I plan on using my Fishing Specialties pole with it. If it doesn’t work, it can be returned to Amazon! I will keep you informed.
    To make the setup removable, I will be using a 6” Track from Berts Custom Tackle. I already have two of them mounted, one on each side of the boat toward the stern that are used for mounting downriggers. Bert’s has an adapter plate to mount other accessories. The plate is aluminum so it can be drilled and tapped to match the holes in the Venzo base. Worst case scenario is a transitional plate. I have 3D modeling software and a CNC router in my garage just waiting for a project like this. If everything works out, a track will be installed at the bow.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aero320 View Post
    Thanks a ton! My older Ranger has deep gunnels, hopefully it'll fit over them. I've been looking at drum clamps as well, seems a reasonable option.

15. Member
    Having gone down this path already (in spending countless hours and $$) I would strongly advise researching the quality of the returns at the speeds you are looking for before investing a lot of time and money into graphing with LiveScope above 2-3 mph. My research showed 2.4 was the max speed for quality returns with LS. Anything faster than that yielded less than desirable results. From my personal experience the PS-30 transducer provides a far better result at the speeds you are looking to graph at.

I hope this is helpful.
    BCB Lynx
    Mercury 250 ProXs 4-Stroke

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroSix View Post
    Having gone down this path already (in spending countless hours and $$) I would strongly advise researching the quality of the returns at the speeds you are looking for before investing a lot of time and money into graphing with LiveScope above 2-3 mph. My research showed 2.4 was the max speed for quality returns with LS. Anything faster than that yielded less than desirable results. From my personal experience the PS-30 transducer provides a far better result at the speeds you are looking to graph at.

I hope this is helpful.
    Thanks for the response. I also have the GT54UHD on the pole with the Livescope transducer. I want to use Side Vu at 5 MPH to locate brush piles and fish schools, then use Livescope the normal way to catch fish.

17. Member
    Just saw this on another site.

Nice that they have pull pin indexes on the shaft collar for trolling positions and also free spin for spot fishing.

Watch the video for some nice ideas for rigging your own setup.

Some what pricey, but they do make some very well engineered products.

https://www.traxstech.com/livescope_..._p/tm-1000.htm

Good luck

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeF View Post
    Just saw this on another site.

Nice that they have pull pin indexes on the shaft collar for trolling positions and also free spin for spot fishing.

Watch the video for some nice ideas for rigging your own setup.

Some what pricey, but they do make some very well engineered products.

https://www.traxstech.com/livescope_..._p/tm-1000.htm

Good luck
    Thanks for the link. I am sure the Traxstech product is very nice but it is a little pricey for me. Right now I have the Venzo clamp on the way from Amazon ($84). Also a mounting plate from Bert's Custom Tackle. Everything should have arrived by the time I get back home on Friday night. Plan on using the pole from my Fishing Specialties setup. I believe the Venzo clamp is what Turnscope (also a very good value) is using. This cost less than the D size Ram mounts. Only thing I worry about is corrosion in a marine environment.