Thread: RSI

RSI

How much do you weigh on RSI when trading? Especially whenever you're doing a day or swing trade

2. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    I never look at it. a stock can stay over extended and correct rsi with time.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    I never look at it. a stock can stay over extended and correct rsi with time.
    Very true. I've seen runners that basically stay maxed out forever it seems

4. Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar
    I agree with above, but for day trading I think it is very useful. Just another tool to put with the others and can’t trade based solely on it alone. I’m a chart guy so I use a handful of indicators and they all depend on the type of stock I’m trading

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by haftafish22 View Post
    I agree with above, but for day trading I think it is very useful. Just another tool to put with the others and can’t trade based solely on it alone. I’m a chart guy so I use a handful of indicators and they all depend on the type of stock I’m trading
    You been watching STHC?

6. Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmaster96 View Post
    You been watching STHC?
    not lately. SEGI, GTVH, ARST, GCAN, CBDL on trips, BA been Pretty good as of late.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by haftafish22 View Post
    not lately. SEGI, GTVH, ARST, GCAN, CBDL on trips, BA been Pretty good as of late.
    Yeah, I haven't had much time to mess with it lately, but STHC looks promising, might gap today. BA has definitely been good

I use RSI when day trading or swing trading. It is not the sole parameter, but it is part of the puzzle.
    What we cannot obtain from intelligence, we can learn from experience.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 200xp View Post
    I use RSI when day trading or swing trading. It is not the sole parameter, but it is part of the puzzle.
    STHC is the one I'm concerned about currently. It's come up nicely. RSI is sitting at just under 90 right now, but I'm more pleased with the action today, because it goes up, and then churns and consolidates for a while and then continues up later. It should run into news at least Wednesday, and maybe news will be good and it will fly after. It's tough to hold sometimes, even when you're 90% sure it will continue to run for a little bit