Elite FS is launched as well..

Yeah Active Target is getting all the love, but the new Elite FS doesn't look bad either.. a nice unit to get into the Active Target setups on a smaller scale in both price and size..

https://imgur.com/saYgIiq
    tps://imgur.com/saYgIiq

https://www.lowrance.com/elite-fs/
    1997 Stratos 295 Pro Elite DC
    2010 Mercury 200 ProXS
    Dual Lowrance Ti2's / Ghost TM

2. Member
    Will the Elite FS network with an HDS Carbon?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stav93cobra View Post
    Will the Elite FS network with an HDS Carbon?
    Yes.

4. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Looks like they added the 7"/9" unit so guys can buy these on a budget or add to an existing system, like they were doing with the Garmin's.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

5. Member
    A HUGE difference between Elite FS and EchoMap is networking. Elite FS networks with HDS, EchoMap does not network with GPSMap.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Colibri View Post
    A HUGE difference between Elite FS and EchoMap is networking. Elite FS networks with HDS, EchoMap does not network with GPSMap.
    another huge difference, to me, would be the Elite's ability to record sonar whereas the Echomap couldnt. I mean, not really...considering Homeport.

7. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Guys I'm not comparing the models, my point is targeting the guys that want to stay in a smaller budget and not spend a whole on a Live unit.....they can buy a 9" system and dedicated just that unit to AT.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

8. Member
    Why not just get a 7" or 9" Live unit? How do these compare to the FS Series?

9. Member
    on Lake Hartwell in Westminster, SC 29693
    will it wifi to TI2?

10. Member
    Elite FS will not connect to Ti2 by WiFi.

The main drawback of Elite FS compared to Carbon and Live is screen resolution. Both Elite FS models have 800x480 resolution, 7" Carbon and Live have 1024x600, 9" Carbon and Live have 1280x720 resolution.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuirus View Post
    Elite FS will not connect to Ti2 by WiFi.

The main drawback of Elite FS compared to Carbon and Live is screen resolution. Both Elite FS models have 800x480 resolution, 7" Carbon and Live have 1024x600, 9" Carbon and Live have 1280x720 resolution.
    So can it network with Ti2 at all, if so how?
    Matt

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mattk22 View Post
    So can it network with Ti2 at all, if so how?
    nema only, it sounds like

why tf it don't wifi to ti2 is the issue...

13. Member
    I suspect that would have been WiFi OR Ethernet. All other Lowrance and Simrad units are using Ethenet for connecting to other MFD's. Without a lot of redesign both in hardware and software I doubt their platform would allow for Ethernet AND WiFi for networking.

Elite FS is more or less a Carbon with one transducer port and lower screen resolution.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ecoast View Post
    nema only, it sounds like

why tf it don't wifi to ti2 is the issue...

hmmmm...maybe it does; screenshot from FS manual...

Screenshot_2020-12-08 ELITE FS™ User Manual - ELITE-FS_UM_EN_988-12757-001_w pdf.png

15. Member
    TI2's can wirelessly share data like maps or transducer data. They can also link to other Ti2 units and as far as I know are the only products in the Lowrance line up that can connect to each other wirelessly. Other HDS units have wireless capability but only for connecting to wireless networks to update the firmware on the unit not to connect to other HDS units to share waypoints, maps and transducer data. The TI2 menu option listed only shows the option to connect wirelessly to other TI2's as confirmed in the screenshot above. My guess, is that Lowrance Ti2's can't handle the data required by live sight due to lack of processing power and will be left in the dark.

I cant seem to find anything on the processor included in the Elite FS but I do know that the Carbon is a dual core and the Live is quad core.... more cores typically means its capable of handling more processing at one time with less delay. I keep seeing people say the Elite FS is just a carbon but I find it very odd Lowrance wouldn't be promoting the Dual core processor as a feature in the Elite FS if that was the case.

16. Member
    [QUOTE=ecoast;11534814]hmmmm...maybe it does; screenshot from FS manual...

Screenshot_2020-12-08 ELITE FS™ User Manual - ELITE-FS_UM_EN_988-12757-001_w pdf.png[
    Elite FS has cabled ethernet and WIFI, but WIFI as we know it from Elite Ti and HDS, not as a unit to unit network.