Sabre Powerpole Brackets

Can someone confirm the s86 as the best brackets for Sabres? ordering a set this week and would like feedback from those who have installed them
    Nothing makes a fish bigger than ALMOST being caught!

2. Member
    I went ahead and ordered a set of s86 braced brackets. I will post back on here once installed so that future Sabre owners can at least spend the money with confidence.
    Last edited by rhino1991; 01-13-2021 at 10:34 PM.

We never comment on older rigs and installs of Power Poles. Back years ago the sandwich brackets were used, and today the brackets have more option. Power Pole assembles a major data base to cover these needs and we always refer comment to them on their products.

Then adding to that, you also have a bit of a unicorn as few Sabres install Power Poles.

4. Member
    Just seeing this now. I have a single starboard mounted power pole on my 2002 Sabre but it’s in storage now. I’m actually planning on pulling it off. Had it for 2 years and pretty much just use it for beaching the boat

5. Member
    Its a 2017 with the slidemaster. I used the powerpole site to come up with the s86 brackets but when I compared to other BC boats it was the only hull that had that suggestion. Thus I was just wanting to make sure it wasn't an error on their end. I actually did get some PM on another platform that confirmed thats the brackets they used. Once I get it all together and installed ill update this post just so others can confirm.

6. Member
    do you have the boarding ladder on port side? if so does the ladder interfere with the power pole or mount at all? just picked up a 10' blade for my 2006 pantera classic and wanted to mount on port side and I assume it will clear the ladder but boat is in storage so can't confirm.
    Last edited by kram31; 12-13-2020 at 04:15 PM.

7. Member
    Kram I do have the port leader, with the s22 bracket on there now I functions as normal, should be installing the new brackets next week so ill report back after

8. Member
    Awesome thanks! ill be mounting on my atlas plate I suspect their will be no issue but wanted to confirm before I ordered bracket.

9. Member
    kram31 - what size plate is n your boat currently? a 2006 would have had a 6in plate standard from factory.

I had a 2015 P2 with an 8in slidemaster that had dual poles (factory mounted) on it using the S-2-2/P-2-2 braced Brackets. Factory could/would not put a swim ladder on the boat. There ended up with less than 1/4 inch clearance to the hull.
    My buddy has an 08 (I think) classic and there is less room on his with a 6in slide master.

Makes hooking up the tie down straps knuckle busting (lol).
    ><((((º>`·._ .·´¯><((((º>`·. _ .·´¯·. ><((((º>

10. Member
    I believe its an 8" plate. It was on the boat when I purchased it and I never measured it but to my eye it looks to be an 8"

11. Member
    Braced S-8-6 Brackets installed and they seems to be a good fit. They are a bit cumbersome and heavier than I was hoping for but they seem to have the appropriate spacing for clearances. The main project was installing a 2nd pump in the bilge. I moved the double battery tray that holds the 2 27 group trolling motor batteries roughly 3.5" to the rear and installed both pumps in front of them. When I had a single pole I had the pump mounted on the rear seat post and it worked out really well there. With both pumps in front of batteries they are still easily accessible should they or the batteries need maintenance or fluid added to the pumps. I haven't water tested but will report back those results for future Sabre owners as well.

12. Member