Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FYAS View Post
    Is that true or rumor?

I have heard it before but never anything definite.
    Garmin has a patent on the tech, and theyve all been thru the lawsuits so they just license the tech now

2. Member
    Looks terrible to me. Think I will wait until they fine tune it a bit more as you know they will as fast as the technology is progressing. I don't need to be first in getting the tech but when I do I want something that is worthwhile and very refined in it's development.

Quote Originally Posted by Ckfishin View Post
    It works on carbons....
    Yup
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    The flashing is either interference from another unit, or it's self, maybe even weak or to small of insulation inside the wires, this kind of happens in garmins if they are damaged or improperly installed
    Same thing happens to my scope in perspective with my SI transducer pinging on the trolling motor.
    06 Skeeter 20i Yamaha 250 HPDI
    Visit my Youtube Channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW6p06navSpOqUn3xotG2vA

Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    I’m not sure Shaw did them any favors with that video...

Quote Originally Posted by alpine4x4 View Post
    Agreed, Shaws video was not good at all haha.

If your referring to how the bottom composition angle was when he went out of forward into down and also into scout mode I would bet he has a setting incorrect. I really like Shaw but he is one of the biggest whores when it comes to pushing product. He is fun to watch and fun to listen too but he would try to sell an Eskimo ice water if it would get him a sponsor dollar. There is nothing wrong with making money but they way he comes off talking about product can get old in my opinion.

My personal opinion is he has not learned how to use the equipment to get maximin picture quality. In my opinion in his rush to get a Facebook video to pimp product he actually made it look like there could be some issues when in fact is was more than likely a operator not using the correct settings. Based on what I saw I was impressed with the picture quality. I was very disappointed with picture orientation but as I said my opinion is that was operator error not the unit...time will tell once more videos are released. One thing I can say is I like live videos that show it in action a lot better than videos that only shows a screen displaying an image. With it being on a boat and a real person doing it in real time I thinks it allows a person a better platform form a more accurate opinion. Those videos that appear to be in simulator mode can be misleading in my opinion so I do thank Shaw for showing a real time picture.

5. dartag1829
    This reminds me of the trolling motor threads when Ultrex came out.

Good thing is guys in Michigan will have to wait 4 months to try one out at home since hard water is coming soon. Hopefully I will see one in Florida this winter.

6. Member
    Looking pretty good, will have to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    If your referring to how the bottom composition angle was when he went out of forward into down and also into scout mode I would bet he has a setting incorrect. I really like Shaw but he is one of the biggest whores when it comes to pushing product. He is fun to watch and fun to listen too but he would try to sell an Eskimo ice water if it would get him a sponsor dollar. There is nothing wrong with making money but they way he comes off talking about product can get old in my opinion.

My personal opinion is he has not learned how to use the equipment to get maximin picture quality. In my opinion in his rush to get a Facebook video to pimp product he actually made it look like there could be some issues when in fact is was more than likely a operator not using the correct settings. Based on what I saw I was impressed with the picture quality. I was very disappointed with picture orientation but as I said my opinion is that was operator error not the unit...time will tell once more videos are released. One thing I can say is I like live videos that show it in action a lot better than videos that only shows a screen displaying an image. With it being on a boat and a real person doing it in real time I thinks it allows a person a better platform form a more accurate opinion. Those videos that appear to be in simulator mode can be misleading in my opinion so I do thank Shaw for showing a real time picture.

it was obvious he was showing modes without repositioning the transducer. Can’t do all three modes with one position.

8. Member
    it was obvious he was showing modes without repositioning the transducer. Can’t do all three modes with one position.
    Bingo

Watching the Shaw video he says it will pick up your bait at 40 to 30 feet
    I don’t know about others but up here on St Clair you need to be fishing a lot further out than that to catch these smallies in clear water
    I’m sure it will be an added advantage when dropshot fishing deeper water but not much help in shallow clear water
    "The handicapped angler"

10. Member
    Looks pretty good. Great news for the guys who already have mortgage their house to buy Lowrence units. Great that it will work on older units. I have Garmin but I'm not a fanboy just because I own Garmin. Everyone thinks the toys they spent their money on is the best.

Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post

Well aware. I have Livescope, I know exactly what I was looking at. The fact that it showed massive interference wasnt very good and the video when he was in the correct view really didnt show anything at all. It wasnt necessarily that the product was bad, it was his video presentation and how he presented the product.

Quote Originally Posted by MichAngler View Post
    Watching the Shaw video he says it will pick up your bait at 40 to 30 feet
    I don’t know about others but up here on St Clair you need to be fishing a lot further out than that to catch these smallies in clear water
    I’m sure it will be an added advantage when dropshot fishing deeper water but not much help in shallow clear water
    I can only see my bait on Livescope out to 40ft generally.

13. Member
    I got to see one in person today at our Wildcat.
    I have Panoptix.
    If I had Lowrance units, I would definately go with the Active Target Live.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon M Calvert View Post
    I have Panoptix.
    You have original Panoptix or Livescope?
    2022 Ranger Z520R, 2022 Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    Dual 16” Lowrance Live’s at console, 12” Live with Active Target, Garmin 8612 and Livescope, and Humminbird 12” Mega 360 at the bow
    Lowrance Ghost TM

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorJJ View Post
    You have original Panoptix or Livescope?
    I have Livesope......I just can't get use to not calling it Panoptix.

16. Banned
    I have Livesope......I just can't get use to not calling it Panoptix.

Well they call it Panoptix livescope, so it gets plenty confusing. I just say lvs32, to make it simpler.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    I just say lvs32, to make it simpler.
    Heck I could never remember that:) I have enough trouble with names. I actually almost called Jordan Lee "Justin" today. I get to fish against him most weekends this time of year.
    I would be calling my unit a Garmin Active Live 1199 :)

18. Member
    I still prefer the original panoptix for the range and larger returns.

I have Panoptix.
    Those dang Lee brothers jackpotting y’all?

20. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Those dang Lee brothers jackpotting y’all?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast