Procraft/Astro Boats Moderator

Mounting ghost where motorguide tour was? Large holes in boat

I have a nitro z8 that had a motorguide tour on it. It was mounted with the rubber grommets that required you to drill 8 huge holes through the boat. The new ghost I purchased contains four screws and they are very small. Any suggestions on how to best mount the ghost? 40EFF26D-E9BE-4DFF-BD1A-08EF7FB009B1.jpeg
    John Woodward

2010 Nitro Z8

2. Member
    You can get some more rubber isolators. I left the ones in place that my tour was mounted with.

3. Member
    If the holes line up with the Ghost,you can get more Motor Guide rubber tees,cut the nuts off of the tees then through bolt with 1/4” SS bolts.

4. Member
    If the holes don't line up I would plug them with some type of epoxy filler and cover them with something similar to the black step pad currently there. Then just mount the new TM on top of the pad.

four screws and they are very small.
    Are they screws ?? or 1/4 inch stainless bolts..
    If 4 of the holes match up I would go to Lowes and find the correct size bushing (cheaper than cutting up isolators) along with some SS over sized fender washers for the bottom side.
    If they don't line up I would fill old holes with a good epoxy or JB weld and drill new ones.. Would not recommend "screws" of any type but SS 1/4 by 20 bolts with nyloks and fender washers on bottom.
    Good luck

6. Member
    I’ve used tape on the bottom then filled to the top with black silicone, made my own plug, has lasted for 10 years and still looks great. But if you need structural support, that’s a diffrent matter. I’d use rat tail rasp to really rough up the hole edges then still put tape on bottom and fill holes with marine Tex. Then re drill when done.