Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Dogfish_Jones
    Quote Originally Posted by GregA View Post
    Ppl making $300/wk do not have a mortgage or causing this crises. Come on man, don’t exaggerate for effect. We went into a deep recession at no fault of anyone. The struggles are real. It’s not the same song and dance. Never in my lifetime has govt shut down an economy.
    You sound like Uncle Joe at the breakfast table...Come on man.
    You must have not read the article?
    Last edited by Dogfish_Jones; 12-03-2020 at 07:45 PM.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogfish_Jones View Post
    You sound like Uncle Joe at the breakfast table...Come on man.
    You must have not have the article?
    ouch, that hurts
    Greg
    Edgewater 245CC

3. Dogfish_Jones
    Quote Originally Posted by GregA View Post
    ouch, that hurts
    When I read it, I did laugh, just seeing Joe sitting there around the breakfast table. I know every talk he had he was always at that breakfast table..

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff La View Post
    That's the number of home mortgages behind. I can't imagine how these people will ever be able to catch up. The numbers go up every month. Another 6 months of shutdown and many more will be in the same situation.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/evictio...m-coronavirus/

Look at the Majority of Opinions here on the BBC.

I WANT IT NOW, NOW NOW NOW, I don’t want to save until I can pay cash, it is easier for me to BORROW,BORROW,BORROW. If the only debt a couple has is the house payment, they should be able to handle that. But—- New truck, new SUV, new $65k- $80k boat, keeping up with the Jones may well be that person’s failure. Look at the members here that laugh it up about paying cash for things.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bass Junkie View Post
    guys like me are waiting with cash in hand once the repo sales start...
    Inflation will kick in before Side by sides, 4 wheelers, trucks or boats come down in price. People have been waiting for that dip in toy prices for a LONG time, everything has just gotten more expensive. I have came out GREAT selling used, well cared for motorized toys the past decade. I should have bought a boat 10 years ago...

6. Member
    Do you target retreads as well

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LTZ25 View Post
    Does it say how many are always behind on all payments they’ve ever had ?
    This

8. Banned
    I get "deals" from real estate wholesalers offered to me, and the deals are just waay overpriced. I hope the economy stays strong but if the music stops and we have a correction I will be ready to buy.

9. Member
    This is just the beginning, buckle up

10. Banned
    Someone will either pass a bill to bail them out that our great great grandchildren will have to pay back, or a law that they can't be evicted.

Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    I get "deals" from real estate wholesalers offered to me, and the deals are just waay overpriced. I hope the economy stays strong but if the music stops and we have a correction I will be ready to buy.
    what is coming in the next year or 2 will make 2008 look like a cakewalk....

13. Member
    what is coming in the next year or 2 will make 2008 look like a cakewalk....
    Hope those who buy , buy , buy.. can afford to sit on them.. if need be ..

14. Member
    Here in FL contractors are tag-teaming whole sub-divisions. Team 1 digs a big hole and raise the level of the swamp 6-inches of so with sand. Team 2 Frames out the slab, lays plastic color-coded pipe and rebar on the sand. Concrete truck arrives and pours the slab, block truck lays pallets of block on the slab. Team 3 lays the block and moves to the next slab. Cue team 4 with framers and trusses, and so on. They move from lot to lot and when you turn around and look back there stands rows of complete houses with sold signs on them. Never seen nothing like it. We drove through one mostly completed subdivision this afternoon and thought this must have been what it was like post WW2, when returning GI's got their piece of the American Dream.

15. Dogfish_Jones
    I have had...financially a very good year in 2020. I have no mortgage on my home, I paid cash for it two years ago from the sale of my lake home to a 84 acre farm and house built in 1899. Ive even had my wife buy me a new 2020 boat and a 2020 truck this year.
    I have even put away a good amount of savings not only for the wife and myself but our grandchildren.
    what I do owe I can pretty much pay off now but when my interest rates are below 2% on those items, I can make more money by keeping that in my investments.
    I never got one penny from those government checks this past year...how ever many they were, I’m thinking that 1 for $1200 or more...I did not get that.
    BUT, it has never been that way always. I’ve busted my ass to make sure I did pay my bills, I went without a lot of nice things along the way. If I borrowed money, it was paid back and on time. I worked on weekends, I worked at night and I made sure my family had a home, food, cloths and reliable transportation.
    I drove a beat up truck, I had no boat (did not have time off to fish), and I wore your basic cheap cloths. I never ask the government to supplement my income and would not have took it really. I have paid off some rather huge hospital bills, mainly the birth of our kids. I worked two and three jobs to pay for my college education, not one grant, not one scholarship, not one loan. I paid for it as I went.
    So, when I read that people live off the government and still cry for more and then gets it and live in subsidized homes where your mortgage is based upon your income which then your mortgage is way lower than normal. Get food stamps but have some shiny new cars somehow and $400 sneakers and gold chains...and teeth.....no.....it does bother me that the taxpayers sit idle buy and feel sorry for them. No I do not, they can work as I did, do without and pay their bills.
    The difference is I wanted more in life, I wanted more for my family, I wanted to teach my children that hard work and sacrifice will make you a much better person. I wanted to earn my way and my mom and dad instilled pride in me that the only person who can and will make the difference is the one you look at in the mirror.
    So don’t give me some poor pity speech, I’ll just laugh and walk away. You only get what you work for, you get what you have earned through your ability that God gave you.

16. Member
    Paying off college loans help pay mortgages off too. Run out of money print more!

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Toypuller View Post
    And yet, the real estate market, (at least here) is screaming hot.
    Here too!

My god Ive always known fishermen were braggers but theres more swinging and bragging in this thread than I’ve ever seen. My wife and I both work in health care and don’t have to worry, but people are loosing their livelihoods, businesses and everything they own because they’re being forced out of work by people still getting a government paycheck. It’s sick.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromanosk
    i;11525657
    Its all going away under the Biden Plan. He is our covid savior.
    Or stick with the incompetence that put us here! Sounds like a good plan there skeeter

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Silkstringz View Post
    My god Ive always known fishermen were braggers but theres more swinging and bragging in this thread than I’ve ever seen. My wife and I both work in health care and don’t have to worry, but people are loosing their livelihoods, businesses and everything they own because they’re being forced out of work by people still getting a government paycheck. It’s sick.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast