2004 Yamaha 225 OX66 Tilt piston bushings

I am in the process of changing my lower engine mounts over to the Bob's machine solid mounts. While I'm at it, I thought I would change the four bushings at the upper end of the tilt piston. The Yamaha part number for the bushings is 90386-22M98-00. Has anyone found or used a replacement bushing that is either brass, bronze, or delrin? I really would prefer to not go back with the cheap factory plastic / nylon bushings. I saw where someone had mentioned that they were going to be producing machined replacements for those bushings in a thread about HPDI worn lower mounts, but it appears that user has been banned from BBC. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    There are no aftermarket bushings available. There were a few made but the cost was too much and they stopped making them. It’s a 2004 motor, so if it’s just the bushings that are worn, you got some good wear out of those cheap plastic bushings. They are the only choice you have for replacements.

3. Member
    201 Pro,

Thanks for the info.

4. Member

Aftermarket Tilt and Trim Bushing and Pin Kit for SHOWA Trim Units

I managed to locate a manufacturer of aftermarket tilt and trim bushings for the Yamaha OX66 VMAX SHOWA trim units. They are made by Five Star Marine in Port Richie, Florida and come with new upper and lower stainless pins as well as the new bushings. I called and spoke with a lady there who was very friendly. It does not appear that they sell the bushings individually, so you are pretty much stuck buying the entire kit. I have attached an image that shows the kit and the PN is FSM071. She said that the kit does include all of the bushings, but when they photographed them for the website, it only shows 2 of each bushing. They are supposedly made from a "ballistic" plastic. I do not know if that translates into Delrin or if it is some other material, but she did say that it will maintain much tighter tolerances than the OEM ones. I believe that a major part of their business is overhauling tilt and trim units, so hopefully they are a good product.
    Attached Images Attached Images