Funny how thing go.....

So when I was looking for a new boat to get out of my 118, I was limited due to garage space so I went with a 518L.
    Picked up the boat in June...fast forward to September, for a few reason we decided to move. So now I have the space to fit anything I want.
    I just wish I could rewind time and buy the 520L.

I am not sure there is a way to get out of my 518 and go to a 520 without taking a beating!
    Boatless

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    I usually trade boats every 3 years. That way the depreciation averages out to a semi-reasonable number and the trade difference isn’t enormous. I agree with your implied thinking that trading in 1 year will mean a big depreciation hit. However, if you really have the urge, you never know until you try. The best values, of course, are leftover 2020 models sitting at dealerships. But the downsides are that they might not be exactly what you want, and selection is at an all-time low this year. Too many boats sold! But again, you never know until you try. The good news is, you have a great boat now. Could be a lot worse.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

3. Moderator
    Just keep it!

4. Member
    NJ lakes likely not very big!! 18 foot wide body plenty!! plus you have 20-30 grand extra
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    NJ lakes likely not very big!! 18 foot wide body plenty!! plus you have 20-30 grand extra
    Yeah most are not big however the upper Chesapeake Bay gets a bit gnarly.
    Boatless

Just my 2 cents, you have a beautiful boat that is really well equipped, I would keep it. However my financial situation is mine and your's is your's, therefore what ever you decide best of luck to you.

2015 Ranger Z119c / 2015 Merc 225 Pro X​S

If you have the urge for a bigger boat, there's only one thing to do....
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

8. Member
    strike now
    1995 Ranger 690 VS
    2008 Yamaha 150 4 Stroke

Quote Originally Posted by Capw View Post
    If you have the urge for a bigger boat, there's only one thing to do....
    I have a need.....a need for SPEED!
    Boatless

I wouldn't be looking at a 520l if your need is for speed. Your current boat is probably dam close to just as fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by nojretlas View Post
    I have a need.....a need for SPEED!
    2019 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2

11. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishead1167 View Post
    I wouldn't be looking at a 520l if your need is for speed. Your current boat is probably dam close to just as fast.
    The 518 is darn near as fast at a 520 on smooth water. But when it gets rough, a longer boat is faster every time...unless you like flying. Even then, it’s the landings that hurt.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by jc2bg View Post
    The 518 is darn near as fast at a 520 on smooth water. But when it gets rough, a longer boat is faster every time...unless you like flying. Even then, it’s the landings that hurt.
    Yeah I get it.....at this point I would probably jump ship and get a BassCat Eyra, they are like little sports cars with rod holders!
    Boatless