Another plumbing question

Hot water at my closest bathroom fixture seems to be warm much sooner than normal. Only takes about 5 seconds to be warm and its at least 20 feet away from the water heater. Used to take about 15 seconds or so to warm up. Think I have a leak? I will say I’m on geothermal which helps to heat the water, but I think something is up. I have looked at the lines as far as I can see with a flood light in the crawl space and I don’t see a leak and not hearing the well pump kick on in the middle of the night. Any insight on this?

2. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    you need to put a flow meter in that line somewhere near the pump and well so you can easily see if and when you get leaks..

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

3. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    if your issue is as described your leak is only in the 20' between the heater and the faucet and closer to the faucet.. 20' in a 1/2" line will come pretty quick.. The time you're claiming it used to take is longer than it takes mine to go about 50'.

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

4. Member
    I looked up some flow meters. Excuse my ignorance, but are there any that i won’t need to splice into the water line?

5. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    water is going to have to flow through it for the flow to be measured.....

6. Member
    Don't get in a hurry here! You could be wrong with your estimate. Go slow, look twice,think twice and be sure!

7. Member
    Check all your faucets off and toilets not running then go out and look at your water meter to see if it’s turning

just saw the part about the well pump. Disregard

8. Member
    Not having a water meter ( on well as I understand) to see if water is passing thru system next best is pressure leak down. Probably a gauge on pump so make sure no water is being used and see if gauge reduces any. If there are no leaks very little if any pressure reduction. You might have sight reduction and increase as water heater kicks on/off. If there is a leak you should see reduction pretty quick and pump kick on.