Thread: Which cat?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Dukhntr - you should definitely go look at all of the models and walk around on them. The Cougar/Puma is not near as narrow as some make it out to be. I have had 2 Cougars and fished 2 up front easily. As far as speed...all 3 of the Cougar, Puma, and Eyra can be driven 80+. I had a Cougar with a 225 and it ran 75, Cougar with a 250 and I hit 79 with my Dad and son with me, and I now have an Eyra with a 250 and I have run it 82. Caracal and Lynx are definitely wider but you won't be disappointed with any of them. Good luck and welcome to the family.
    BCB Eyra 2017
    GMC Sierra 2018

2. Member
    Coming from a wide bodied Ranger I think you would be happier with a Lynx or Caracal.
    With your budget:
    -A new Caracal would fit within the numbers of the Ranger. With the 225 you will see speeds slightly faster then the Ranger with all the benefits of the wide deck and storage. As for the hole shot. The option of the under seat fuel cell would be quicker out the hole and draft slightly shallower. Your top speed would be slightly lower. With the rear tank fuel option, you would gain under seat storage, a bit more top ends speed, and slightly slower hole shot.

-The next option would be a slightly used Lynx. I have seen many of them loaded out at the same price of a
    new Caracal. I mean less then 2 years old with very low hours and good warranty remaining. If it doesn't
    impact your tournament rule requirements, you may even find one with a 300 on the back. This would really
    increase your top end speed and hole shot. Nothing more needs to be said about the Lynx. Its a huge boat with
    tons of storage and a very stable fishing platform.

The Cougar, Puma and Eyra are all faster rigs and have excellent overall balance of performance and fishability. Keep in mind none of the 3 rigs will have the wide deck of your Ranger. The Eyra has the smallest deck of the 20 foot BCB offerings. Its all in what you want from your fishing rig. Its the great thing about buying a BCB. Many options to fit the needs of different angers.

Don
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

3. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunhunter67 View Post
    Coming from a wide bodied Ranger I think you would be happier with a Lynx or Caracal.
    With your budget:
    -A new Caracal would fit within the numbers of the Ranger. With the 225 you will see speeds slightly faster then the Ranger with all the benefits of the wide deck and storage. As for the hole shot. The option of the under seat fuel cell would be quicker out the hole and draft slightly shallower. Your top speed would be slightly lower. With the rear tank fuel option, you would gain under seat storage, a bit more top ends speed, and slightly slower hole shot.

-The next option would be a slightly used Lynx. I have seen many of them loaded out at the same price of a
    new Caracal. I mean less then 2 years old with very low hours and good warranty remaining. If it doesn't
    impact your tournament rule requirements, you may even find one with a 300 on the back. This would really
    increase your top end speed and hole shot. Nothing more needs to be said about the Lynx. Its a huge boat with
    tons of storage and a very stable fishing platform.

The Cougar, Puma and Eyra are all faster rigs and have excellent overall balance of performance and fishability. Keep in mind none of the 3 rigs will have the wide deck of your Ranger. The Eyra has the smallest deck of the 20 foot BCB offerings. Its all in what you want from your fishing rig. Its the great thing about buying a BCB. Many options to fit the needs of different angers.

Don
    Very helpful, thank you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jp71291 View Post
    They are not all the same. The premium models have a VE resin that the others do not. Premium models are: Cougar and Puma FTD's, Eyra, Caracal, Lynx, and Jaguar.

The Caracal is a great boat and will fit your needs. But a Jaguar is the bomb.
    The VE resin is available as an option on non-premium models.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

RJ,

off of what you have said just for the room your looking for I would suggest a Caracal or the Lynx also. my Dream boat if I would buy another would be a Lynx.
    I love my Cougar and dont plan to get rid of it any time soon but if I would a Lynx would be what I would be looking at.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12