Humminbird updates , one more time

I feel like I’ve been a pain to you Humminbird guys. I’ve come from using Lowrance products and the learning curve for me has been slow.
    Ok I’ve got a Helix Chirp MDI GPS G2N. It shows it has software 2.110 and Basemap,1.051. The web site shows the current updates to be version 2.280 and Basemap 1.031. I’m confused about the base numbers. Seems from what I understand I’d be backing up on the Basemap version. Also I assume when or if I update both updates will automatically download to my unit considering I’ve got them both on the SD card?
    My other unit is a Helix 12 Chirp SI GPS G2N. It shows version 2.110 and the web site show the latest version to be 1.900? Again confusing me.
    What needs to be done from here?
    Thanks
    Mark Hopper
    Jackson Tn 38301
    htbboats@aol.com

The basemap file number is not relative to the unit software version number. What is on the website is current.

When you look up the unit software, look at what matches your unit exactly and have too know what your unit is. BOTH G2N's are MEGA SI units.
    The current software version for the Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA SI GPS G2N is 2.280.
    The other G2N SI model is the HW CHIRP Promo unit.

1.900 is for the first generation Helix 12 CHIRP SI GPS

There are two G2N DI models, one is DI and the other is MEGA DI. They have different software.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Solix 10 Gen3 DI+/SI+
    My new Helix G4N came with a 2.300 software. I assume it's mainly to support all the new things the unit will do outside of just locating fish.