Thread: Carpet time!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Bas Pro shop handles Syntec and their three grades of carpet. Nice spread on carpet in their 2021 boat fishing catalog

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by limit5bass View Post
    What padding did you use?
    Protech mats padding out of California. It’s closed cell 1/4” padding.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Starky View Post
    Bas Pro shop handles Syntec and their three grades of carpet. Nice spread on carpet in their 2021 boat fishing catalog
    What page is the Syntec? I couldn’t find it.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by doyce View Post
    Doing my carpet right now with 20oz and Weldwood. Also added 1/4” padding.
    going to be recarpeting my 2000 Ranger 520vx soon and was curious how much carpet I’d need to order? It’s basically 21ft long.

Also what is the hardest part about recarpeting a deck and the lids? Is it the tearing out of the carpet and surface prep or is it installing the new carpet? Thanks

5. Member
    I ordered precut carpet from MarineCarpeting.com. It isn’t cut exact. You will still have to cut the pieces to fit but they mark which piece goes where. I also added Protec padding to my decks and used Weldwood contact cement.

Depending on where you order your carpet they should be able to tell you roughly how much carpet you need. You can search on here and many people have said how much carpet they ordered.

Hardest part of the job was removing the old carpet and getting the old glue cleaned up. People on here have used different techniques which you can research but Goo Gone works with some scraping.

Biggest thing to remember is to make sure all your carpet is running in the same direction. Pay attention to this for lids that open sideways or opposite direction. It is very noticeable if one lid or piece is laid in the wrong direction. Carpet will look like a different color in that spot. Just take your time.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by doyce View Post
    I ordered precut carpet from MarineCarpeting.com. It isn’t cut exact. You will still have to cut the pieces to fit but they mark which piece goes where. I also added Protec padding to my decks and used Weldwood contact cement.

Depending on where you order your carpet they should be able to tell you roughly how much carpet you need. You can search on here and many people have said how much carpet they ordered.

Hardest part of the job was removing the old carpet and getting the old glue cleaned up. People on here have used different techniques which you can research but Goo Gone works with some scraping.

Biggest thing to remember is to make sure all your carpet is running in the same direction. Pay attention to this for lids that open sideways or opposite direction. It is very noticeable if one lid or piece is laid in the wrong direction. Carpet will look like a different color in that spot. Just take your time.
    Great info. Thank you. ����

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12