Status on Wixom Lake???

Looked at Zillow real-estate listing and some of the water front home pics show there is still some water left. Anyone tried to fish it at the end of the season?

2. Member
    I've driven by numerous times since the flood. I don't see how there could be any homes with water access, besides a kayak or a row boat. Unfortunately, I can't see there being many fish left in the river that remains.

I really don't know if there is a direction or goal, I'd be interested to hear from some of the locals for an update.

3. Member
    Only way to fish would be to kayak or get a small boat and drag it down. Still some fish but not worth the extra effort. I think their will be a good fish kill off once ice freezes the shallows over

You would be amazed. I've heard of people killing them in kayaks. There is a pretty decent stream in the middle with water flow. I bet they do just fine. With all of the predator fish being forced to a smaller stream, they are pretty easy to find and most will eat.

The only way to get to the water is with a kayak at this time. There is a law in place that states people are not allowed on the river bottom though. Police were monitoring that pretty closely but I haven't seen any police out here for some time. Just be aware of that.

5. Member
    How deep is the "stream"?

Quote Originally Posted by team houston View Post
    How deep is the "stream"?
    I’m sure it varies.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

7. Great Lakes Captain RangerTim619's Avatar
    I was doing some reading about what's going on with the lake. Not looking very good for a resolution any time in the near or distant future. I feel bad for the people who live there.
    Ranger 619 * Honda 200* Minn Kota* Humminbird *Garmin
    Fenwick *Abu Garcia

8. dartag1829
    This young man has done videos and drone coverage since the dam broke. He has a Youtube channel. Tonight at 7 the link below will be the latest. Amazing footage and interviews.

https://www.youtube.com/c/JordanMowbray/videos

9. Great Lakes Captain RangerTim619's Avatar
    Thanks for the heads up
    Fenwick *Abu Garcia

10. dartag1829
    I fished Sanford a couple times. When you get way upstream it gets narrow and twisty with a couple islands. I sent him a comment if he had filmed it. The next video he did. It was amazing everything was wiped clean. Had to be wild when the water came through there. Luckily the houses were on high ground. Docks and boats on hoists were also gone.

11. Great Lakes Captain RangerTim619's Avatar
    Great video
    Fenwick *Abu Garcia