Question Latest software update

I have 93 SV unit and about 6 months back y'all talked me thru getting latest software update which was 13.20. Is there another update and if so what does it do? I am pretty happy with my set up and wondering if I should just leave alone. I don't have livescope but do have the panoptics with the PS 22 transducer.
    Thanks

2. Member
    I did the update. It took me to only 13.30. I assume because I don't have the 54 or 56 transducers. I was hoping i would get the new color palettes but guess not. If I have done something wrong or incomplete let me know. It may be several days because of weather before I am back out in boat to use unit. Thanks for your help!

3. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    The non UHD plus model did not get an update. I'm afraid that they are done updating them since being discontinued.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

4. Member
    Lets hope not! I need that phantom tree to go away!

5. Member
    I updated my 93UHD the other day, and I don't see a setting for the Ghost Tree reject. It looks like the color options are there. I looked in all of the settings and can't see that Ghost Tree reject anywhere though.

6. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    My Echomap Plus 93sv is giving me the option to update to 13.30. Im still on 8.40. Should I do it or leave it alone?
    The Livescope also has an option to update to 2.53. Do it or not?
    Last edited by GOTTA BIG SACK; 12-04-2020 at 09:47 AM.
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

7. Member
    Man, that's your call. I've always been a proponent of updates due to correcting buggy issues....But, this one issue does not seem to go away. So, if you are enjoying your unit and do not see any dead areas or phantom trees, I'd say leave it alone. The update will always be out there should something happen or you don't like something. I know the color palates may have changed a little, but for the most part its non user interface updates. Your call though! Hope I confused you even more, lol.

8. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SSUTT1980 View Post
    Man, that's your call. I've always been a proponent of updates due to correcting buggy issues....But, this one issue does not seem to go away. So, if you are enjoying your unit and do not see any dead areas or phantom trees, I'd say leave it alone. The update will always be out there should something happen or you don't like something. I know the color palates may have changed a little, but for the most part its non user interface updates. Your call though! Hope I confused you even more, lol.
    How do you update the livescope box?
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SSUTT1980 View Post
    Lets hope not! I need that phantom tree to go away!
    I can make mine go away with gain. You just have to suit that to your fishing conditions.

10. Member
    You should be able to update the livescope with Active Captain. Open the app and go to my marine devices. You should be able to download the latest version of the software update. It will be called the GLS10 v2.53 (v2.00).

11. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GOTTA BIG SACK View Post
    How do you update the livescope box?
    When you update from PC or AC, all files for units are included in the download and will get updated as long as they are all powered up on network.

Most people that have LS software prior to Perspective mode won't update it due to issues. So if you don't plan on using Perspective mode, id say don't do it.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    When you update from PC or AC, all files for units are included in the download and will get updated as long as they are all powered up on network.

Most people that have LS software prior to Perspective mode won't update it due to issues. So if you don't plan on using Perspective mode, id say don't do it.
    As add:
    Even GLS10 is unpluged, only MFD updated, there's broken front mode LVS too. I know about this ghost tree and interferences, not update my unit and box since january. Unfortunatley I updated MFD without connect GLS 10 to check new Vivid colurs and lost my Livescope. After update MFD "give" me perspective view with all known s...t from this.
    Can't downgrade, becouse I hav'nt software 11.20 to bring my 92 UHD as before. Damm, Garmins software is similar to Navico last year- one thing is upgrade, but another - broken...

13. Banned
    So I need to clarify this being a newbie. I have a new ultra 122, I was going to update it, but leave the gls10 on it’s current software version. Could this be bad? Smarter to just leave them both alone? I’m fine right now if I don’t have perspective, I just want the best/cleanest setup that’s possible.

In other words, is this one of those things that you have to update both items for them to be compatible still?

14. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Grout, id bet yours already has the new or close to new software. So at this point might as well keep it updated.