Lowrance Ghost questions

I’m considering upgrading from my old trusty Motorguide Tour to either the Lowrance Ghost or the someday-to-be-released Motorguide Tour Pro. Gotta get spot lock!

I know the Ghost doesn’t have cables. If for some reason the little motor that turns the motor breaks, are you toast? Can you even use it?

Also, what does the Ghost pedal feel like? One of the things that I hated about the Ultrex was pedal feel. There is none and it’s way too loose for my taste. I’ve heard/read that the Ghost pedal is pretty good in spite of it not having any mechanical connection to the motor.

Would particularly be interested in hearing from anyone who went from a MG Tour to a Ghost.
    2022 Ranger z518 / 2022 Merc Pro XS 200 serial # 3B137559

2. Member
    I went from a MK Fortrex to the Ghost. I find there is a very little bit of lag in the pedal but it feels and reacts very much like my Fortrex did. The noise head unit takes a little getting used to but after awhile you just ignore it.

As for if the little motor breaking I don't know.

I like the Ghost and it provides much more power than my Fortrex 80 ever did. It is also easier on the batteries
    Charles Prue - Linthicum Heights, MD
    2003 Champion 206 Elite - 250 VMax